Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #286 of 3,042
for me the best on 1A still being 3.0 MX3 Region... its a little harsh but really credible staging the others sound a little exagerated VIA SE revonext QT2 chinese iem correct me if im wrong but J Region makes sound a little veiled.. slightly less resolution slightly wider staging a little more bass maybe... Since im not using balanced maybe its a hole diferent story on ballanced...
I will give MX3 a try thinks

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #287 of 3,042
I have a WM1Z, at the beginning EU.
Switched to U, J, U again, without any issue.
Installed DMP 1.02 then Ultimate, ok.

But when I try Musical, always got the "connect USB" message.
Just like the unit would remember it was EU on factory settings... :frowning2:

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #289 of 3,042
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #290 of 3,042
I believe J version tuning has better synergy with 1A firmware mods. And @Whitigir created the 3 FWs based on his modded 1A. So perhaps to fully exploit his FWs, one needs to have the exact same modded 1A :)

Nonetheless, I really love Musical, it gives blacker background, more focused notes on my non-J 1Z. Still waiting for the Musical Extreme Fidelity version :)
The extensively modified hardware players benefit with extra layering, separation and imagines, Smooth details/textures and vivid resolution

It is understandable since in hardware mod I have discovered

1/ Power supply capacitors could have better caps with Low Z

2/ Out put capacitors could have better audio grade caps

3/ internal wires could play a big role, as big as interconnect on big systems. Luckily, it is small and short, but for exotic materials, the expensive cables will need to be spliced into

4/ Battery Wires, and it solder also impact the sound quality, while not as much as the rest, but also have an effect.

The further the stage of modifications on hardware, the better people will benefit from 8X sampling firmware

But every little will help

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #291 of 3,042
Mar 2, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #292 of 3,042
Mar 2, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #293 of 3,042
Mar 2, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #295 of 3,042
Hi mate. I see there are 3 versions of musical. Musical, musical j and musical eu. Are the tuning the same for all 3?
Musical J and Musical EU are the same, Musical is a little different but should be the better version of the bunch. There are slight different from Main regions between Walkman, so they are kept to be as close as possible

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #296 of 3,042
Question : do I have to revert to EU before installing this version, or can I stay in U or J
Question : do I have to revert to EU before installing this version, or can I stay in U or J ?
No, just stay in the J region that you used The Tool tricks

The software regions is accordingly to the sticker on the side of the player
807D5C65-553D-4A99-9101-6305A9EDD06C.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #297 of 3,042
I will give MX3 a try thinks
Be shure to run 3.00 on heavy EQ its for me the most detailed.... and credible staging of all... after your ears gets past some harshness that can be eq I noticed all fw give a sort of veil except that one wich i hated at first for being too revealing dough I hated it again when I listened IN J region.. couse J region again gave me a sort of Veil correct me if im wrong.. the best combo was MX3 and 3.00 be shure to reset to make shure you are on MX3 also have in account bass is alittle tamed but it certanly gets very powerfull at certain tracks what i really like about 3.00 its that it since really low volume and that way it gets really black dead silent! and all the effects sound nuanced not like in your face... staging fels like proper 3D to my ears... Trebble extension also its very good and bass extension after eq gets really good too but bass isent focused at all but when called uppon its right there If you like huge staging I would also recomend 1.01 MX3 its was HUGE! also musical its good at MX3, what if MX3 sounds diferent? I havent tryed US

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #298 of 3,042
Musical J and Musical EU are the same, Musical is a little different but should be the better version of the bunch. There are slight different from Main regions between Walkman, so they are kept to be as close as possible
Oh I figured they would all be the same. Since I changed my region to J, should I use musical or musical j then? I want food bass and warmth. Which would you recommend among all your mods? Fun or musical? Or musical j since I’m on region j?

Mar 2, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #300 of 3,042
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back