Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #2,536 of 3,042
Just bought some 28 gauge silver and copper sheets to upgrade my aluminum back cover mod I did few weeks ago. Copper sheets are more than 5x cheaper compare to even smaller size sheet of silver. G!

Very like how my 1A and 1Z sound so far after the mod. Hopefully that will eliminate distortion even more, maybe a little more resolution, background imaging, 3D holographic, ambiances, bigger larger bass and smoother pleasing treble.

IMO, WM1A sound quality could be much better if it has copper housing instead of aluminum. If your want to try and your audio gear are resolved enough, put the Walkman inside a thick metal box or something that be able to completely shield away from external noise. You will notice the difference in SQ.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #2,537 of 3,042
Food for thought:

Even soundwaves from speakers playing can be affecting lightbulb to this extent that they can extract speech from Trump using just optical camera.

So just imagine why walkman's different shielding materials (wm1z vs wm1a) can change sound properties. Its really more than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #2,538 of 3,042
Food for thought:

Even soundwaves from speakers playing can be affecting lightbulb to this extent that they can extract speech from Trump.

So just imagine why walkman's different shielding materials (wm1z vs wm1a) can change sound properties. Its really more than meets the eye.

Seriously there is so much hidden information that we never pay attention to! Imagine all the tools and knowledge sony has and use it to build daps!
Really Cool!

Jun 24, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #2,539 of 3,042
@Sonywalkmanuser Stuff that would make even George Orwell blush.
They can pick up and transmit sounds from within the human body as well using these implants.
A real time lie detector.....that can't be shut off.
Next generation LED bulbs, connected to the 5G network, transmit audio without needing external surveillance equipment. Really makes you think where we are all headed.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #2,540 of 3,042
Jun 24, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #2,541 of 3,042
BD43D68B-9A9C-477E-8E05-E3B1782AC49C.jpeg

C9C2091E-B47B-434D-890E-0D71C46BB128.jpeg

Finally got my Horus Octa back today. Pimping my gold setups. Beautiful sounds

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #2,543 of 3,042
Hey guys has anyone done the test?

When you set the battery care option on and leave 1z on the charge all the time... it always stay on battery full is it always maintaining the battery at 90? How does it works what happens as it doesn't really shows any info then just showing full lol

I guess it always charges to 90% ....?

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #2,544 of 3,042

When you set the battery care option on and leave 1z on the charge all the time... it always stay on battery full is it always maintaining the battery at 90? How does it works what happens as it doesn't really shows any info then just showing full lol

Darauf habe ich gemerkt, dass der Akku immer FULL (Vollständig geladt) ist, sogar 100% oder 90% (Batterienpflege modus eingeschaltet)

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #2,545 of 3,042
Darauf habe ich gemerkt, dass der Akku immer FULL (Vollständig geladt) ist, sogar 100% oder 90% (Batterienpflege modus eingeschaltet)
Ooops wrote all in German lol, I meant that I have noted that the battery always shows full even if is set to 100% or 90% (Battery care turned on)

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #2,546 of 3,042

Yes, when battery saver is on, when the DAP battery indicator says 100%, the battery is charged to 90% capacity.

When the battery saver is ON, the end of charge voltage is set to a lower voltage (i.e. 4.10 volts). When the battery is charged up to this voltage, the charge circuit stops charging. So the DAP battery indicator shows 100% full at this point, and the actual charged battery capacity is 90% of the maximum possible capacity.

When the battery save of OFF, the end of charge voltage is set to stop at 4.20 volts. Now the charger will charge the battery up to this 4.20 volts, and the DAP battery indicator will also indicate 100% full, but in this case, the battery capacity is actually 100% of the maximum possible capacity.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/post-15604331

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #2,547 of 3,042
Ooops wrote all in German lol, I meant that I have noted that the battery always shows full even if is set to 100% or 90% (Battery care turned on)
Yes, when battery saver is on, when the DAP battery indicator says 100%, the battery is charged to 90% capacity.

When the battery saver is ON, the end of charge voltage is set to a lower voltage (i.e. 4.10 volts). When the battery is charged up to this voltage, the charge circuit stops charging. So the DAP battery indicator shows 100% full at this point, and the actual charged battery capacity is 90% of the maximum possible capacity.

When the battery save of OFF, the end of charge voltage is set to stop at 4.20 volts. Now the charger will charge the battery up to this 4.20 volts, and the DAP battery indicator will also indicate 100% full, but in this case, the battery capacity is actually 100% of the maximum possible capacity.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/post-15604331

Yes absolutely it will never overcharge the 90% limit.

What I want to do is leave my 1z on charge all the time with battery care mode on for 2 weeks or even 1 month...

Leaving it on charge like that what will happen? It will automatically charge at 10% and stop at 90%?
That is my maine concern.

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #2,548 of 3,042
It doesn’t matter, I see batteries on WM1 Series easily last for 4-5 years. It is easily swapped, you can find a service manual and buy the battery then bring into a cellphone repair place, they would be able to do it while sleeping for maybe $50

Why worries in little details and not enjoying music ? It makes you grow older faster

Jun 24, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,549 of 3,042
Yes absolutely it will never overcharge the 90% limit.

What I want to do is leave my 1z on charge all the time with battery care mode on for 2 weeks or even 1 month...

Leaving it on charge like that what will happen? It will automatically charge at 10% and stop at 90%?
That is my maine concern.
It will charge if plugged in, and stop at 90%. There is no control for setting a certain %/charge level it will be depleted to, before it will start charging. If you have it plugged into a charger, it will charge until it reaches 90% (battery saver ON) or 100% (battery saver off)

If the DAP is being used while it is plugged into the charger, then the battery is continuously being used/discharged, and charged. This is theoretically OK. Better at 90%, of course. Anyways, if this is your use situation, then there is no choice but to leave it plugged into the charger.

If the DAP is not being used, and you leave it plugged into the charger all the time, it is theoretically OK,(charging to 90%), but would still not be recommended. The experience with PCs that are left on the charger all the time, quite often the battery will totally fail in a relatively short time. Not just reduced in capacity, but will be dead and not hold a charge at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back