Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #2,521 of 3,042
On the topic of reviewers:

Paid/Sponsored reviewers...
Am I playing a First person shooter reviewers...
Are you writing a Opinion piece reviewers..
Half hearted Syndicated Publishing type reviews...
I give one star because my unit has issues...

Ok I think you get my point.

There are good reviewers out there, but these are a needle in a haystack.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #2,522 of 3,042
On the topic of reviewers:

Paid/Sponsored reviewers...
Am I playing a First person shooter reviewers...
Are you writing a Opinion piece reviewers..
Half hearted Syndicated Publishing type reviews...
I give one star because my unit has issues...

Ok I think you get my point.

There are good reviewers out there, but these are a needle in a haystack.
The Last of US 2...........
Reviewers are not having a good week :)
I agree Critics are usually some of the least talented people out there, with too many other factors involved to ever take most of them seriously.

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #2,523 of 3,042
That actually makes a lot of sense to me.
The only thing that is still puzzling, is why so many reviewers and graph/science type audiophiles, that also listen to quite a bit of music, fail to spot these changes.
Is this a lack of natural ability? Or is something else at play?
ADD: They all claim Auditory memory has proven to be extremely short, and is not reliable. I don't find that to be true, if anything I find it to be quite the opposite. Maybe that there is a clue.

Another possibility might be that they are not paying attention to the music in the same way as some of us. Maybe what they are doing is just passive listening, somewhat like the lady in your 2nd video is describing.

What you are seeing here goes slightly beyond then just listening or acknowledging music...

Its a phenomena that is created in our brain, feelings, emotions, mood. Weather, cosmic stars alignment, spiritual state.

All those factors affect how we hear music, also mental lockups or beliefs that if we dont believe in this cable well it will never sound good lol. But if you start explaining that person listen to this part, hear this? Try experimenting and hear new details and information that this cable brings in. Whats funny is that your brain will start trick you and in a few days you all suddently can hear all this and now became a believer in that cable 🤷‍♂️

Its all very variable aspects each lives and thinks differently and it all affects audio the way we hear it understand it.

Even I get lost sometimes and need to kick in my common sense to get back to normal reality lol.

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #2,525 of 3,042
This video shows that ceramic capacitors are noise and vibration generators, which affects the PCB and in context the sensitive quartz clock in our dac/dap.

https://www.murata.com/en-sg/products/capacitor/mlcc/solution/naki

Some of us can actually hear the buzzing sound that comes out of the laptop during heavy processing or the GPU(coil whine) of our computers.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #2,528 of 3,042
If there is a 1Z-EM; there will be a "2Z"-EM.

I believe the recipe for 1A-EM and 1Z-EM are in this thread somewhere and a trained electrical guy should be able to perform the mods. I can guarantee the effort is worth it and will exceed anyone's endgame goal for a portable DAP. I can understand that some will find my impressions pretty meaningless since prob only me and @Whitigir have listened to the players but I still feel I need to share what I'm hearing to motivate more 1Z owners to take this step to audio nirvana.
That is correct, the recipes and the Parts list or BOM (Bills Of Materials) are posted here in the thread. Please use the search functions to look it up.

At least I have saved you the hassles and headaches of experimenting with different routes/components/tuning.

You will have the improvements under my own Experiences and Personal Preferences.
The reason why I publish DIY recipes is because I understand that each person is unique to one another, and so if you like a certain signatures, you can tweak up, changes away the recipes into your own personal preferences.

I love DIY for a reason, the possibilities are endless and the end results will varies upon different and uniques personal choices.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #2,530 of 3,042
Got a question.

If I order a pigtail adapter from 4.4 balanced to 3.5balanced.

Will the 3.5 balanced make damage if its connected to a not 3.5 balanced jack? I ask because I though better have 1 balanced 3.5 when available it can be used...

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #2,531 of 3,042
Got a question.

If I order a pigtail adapter from 4.4 balanced to 3.5balanced.

Will the 3.5 balanced make damage if its connected to a not 3.5 balanced jack? I ask because I though better have 1 balanced 3.5 when available it can be used...
The balanced 3.5 has no standard, and that means different manufacturers can have different polarities. The 4.4mm has a standard that everyone have to adhere to.
That means even if you have a 3.5mm Balanced, you may not be able to use it for all other connections

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #2,533 of 3,042
The balanced 3.5 has no standard, and that means different manufacturers can have different polarities. The 4.4mm has a standard that everyone have to adhere to.
That means even if you have a 3.5mm Balanced, you may not be able to use it for all other connections

Sounds like hook it and 1 dap out of 5 may frie 🙃🙂

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #2,535 of 3,042
They don’t necessarily be fried, you just gonna have out of phase, and or channel switched and or both ? Lol....who knows ? It may be still enjoyable :beyersmile:

A well I thought I could hit 2 rabbits with 1 rock.
Not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back