Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #2,461 of 3,042
Where would I go/who would I talk to if I wanted to get this done? Is there website (such as Romi Audio) that has more information on hardware specs and pricing? Thanks!

Sorry to bring it up, but who would I go to/contact about mods for the 1A? I'm not really confident in performing this mods myself unfortunately. Not since I accidentally broke off the battery connector for my iPod Video 5.5G when trying to replace the battery. (That thing literally snaps off from any degree of pressure...)

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #2,462 of 3,042
Wow you guys are amazing! I been away a little fixing my audio crickets problems lmao

What I see woooo a way better debate with sdcards sounding better then others in comparison me arguing on 1z thread flacs vs wav's LoL

Yes yes @Whitigir was the first one to introduce this talk about micro sdcards distortions! And @Morbideath did then buy one and did the test.
I to did it as I own extreme pro and ultra!

Here is my findings I did wrote about it earlier but again one more time 🙂🙃🙂

The internal memory on 1z sounded to me the best as it was the tightest and clearer sound perception. Then it was second by extreme Pro then extreme ultra.

The change was similar from 1z to pro then to ultra.
The sound every time degrade in a way that it feels looser less dynamic more fluffy airy and hazy. Bass becomes less tight music is less aggressive and loss of liveliness in the overall presentation.

I will add as a bonus for me it was easier to spot the difference between sdcards rather net peakingbthe differences between flac and wavs...

By the way I hugely enjoy reading about your nostalgic life experiences and about your audiophile journey @ttt123 you evoque in me curiosity and desire to learn more. I can sense with my Tiger ears powers that you do have a lot of life experience on your shoulders my friend, you are a very interesting person to listen to!

So dont be afraid to share your experiences we appreciate them!

TIGER Ears powers & Hallelujah's!
🐅🐾🌿🍁

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #2,464 of 3,042
Looking into WM1Z mods. Is the WM1Z + K Mod from Music Sanctuary good enough if I don't want to invest too much time?

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #2,466 of 3,042
It is pretty average. look into Romi Mods or @Nayparm . They are heads and shoulders better.

Depends on hes preferences I heard both and wrote a small review about it and not always romi was a winner....

What I wont denie is Bg sensational treble and sub bass. Romi/1z is the best musical beautifull treble I ever heard extremely natural, kmod is harsh treble in comparison... ( not bad ! Just fals behind romi hands down )

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #2,467 of 3,042
Depends on hes preferences I heard both and wrote a small review about it and not always romi was a winner....

What I wont denie is Bg sensational treble and sub bass. Romi/1z is the best musical beautifull treble I ever heard extremely natural, kmod is harsh treble in comparison... ( not bad ! Just fals behind romi hands down )
After I saw the actual pictures of the modded cables in the player....
Can't recommend after that butchery.

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #2,470 of 3,042
So I should contact Romi Audio?

You need to choose what you like more hard to judge we dont know what you like...

Romi has many mod options to

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #2,474 of 3,042
Nothing has yet beaten the price vs performance of Conductive Adhesive Copper Foil Tape. A not so elegant but successful solution in most cases... please pardon the pun :wink:
he shielded his guitar with copper foil:

Hence, my previous comment... since the 1970s we really have found nothing that shields as well for the price than copper foil tape... plus, it conveniently molds to nearly any shape no matter how complex or odd it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back