Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #2,176 of 3,042
Mundorfs are film foiled, it can be said to be electrolytic but the constructions is film foiled. There are differences. You can go read into the constructions of capacitors

the superior designs are always film foils rather than film and dielectric alone which typical electrolytic are
The PML is named and sounded that good is because they are polypropylene Multi Layered Foiled.

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #2,177 of 3,042
Mundorfs are film foiled, it can be said to be electrolytic but the constructions is film foiled. There are differences. You can go read into the constructions of capacitors

the superior designs are always film foils rather than film and dielectric alone which typical electrolytic are
The PML is named and sounded that good is because they are polypropylene Multi Layered Foiled.
Yeah, you are right...They are foils :)
No wonder they sound as good as they do. (Just read the description again)

May 25, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #2,178 of 3,042
Mundorf ECAPs are Electrolytic, albeit very high quality ones. They are not film as far as I understand them.
I don't even know how the DAC would sound if I went all film capacitor :) 400 volts.......maybe another experiment down the line??

You could kill someone with cast Copper Duelends haha Size of my head, each of them.

Well Paul at Ps audio said the best caps are made of film and copper foils. Those sound the best in audio equipment he said!

May 25, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #2,180 of 3,042
Well Paul at Ps audio said the best caps are made of film and copper foils. Those sound the best in audio equipment he said!
As I hear it, copper foil Capacitors are the best, Duelend Copper Cast capacitors and the Silver cast are the absolute peak...very very expensive though.

May 25, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #2,181 of 3,042
As I hear it, copper foil Capacitors are the best, Duelend Copper Cast capacitors and the Silver cast are the absolute peak...very very expensive though.
Duelund is legendary :wink:....I need to upgrade my speakers with it when I have time and money LOl

May 25, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #2,182 of 3,042
Well black gates caps are even more of a rarity and do offer even a more musical feel then any other caps on market as I understand per reading reviews...

Cant wait to get my hands on my 1z! And burn it to 800hours 🙃😆😊 already to get that bg goodness

Maybe modding the taz with bg or mundorf caps can bring even a more musical experience? That would be the only possible upgrade over 1z seriously as they use both s-master

May 25, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,183 of 3,042
1F0EF535-8FBC-4BE0-8A6F-BA09E9BD21DE.jpeg

Right, after 8 hours of moving my data from Extreme 1T to Extreme PRO 1T, i confirm subbass goes deeper, and noise floor is almost gone now. I can't observe the other changes out of memory.
0922375A-DDC8-4AFE-A7B5-8AD9CF9FEA33.jpeg

After switching to my new Titan cable (6AU+4AG), the Bass becomes firmer (not as boomy but hits harder), imaging is sharper, Treble more elevated but smoother. A very good match with my stock LX universal which is very boomy and got some details buried, which is now quite noticeable like in LXse.
Yes my LX feels more like LXse now, but still not completely there.

New card + cable altogether, pricy as hell, but another small step-up from previously. Powered by Cerberus in 3.02, i got a monster machine in my pocket… now the only missing link is my reshell LXse custom to be returned. My 800s is now on fire!

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #2,184 of 3,042
1F0EF535-8FBC-4BE0-8A6F-BA09E9BD21DE.jpeg
Right, after 8 hours of moving my data from Extreme 1T to Extreme PRO 1T, i confirm subbass goes deeper, and noise floor is almost gone now. I can't observe the other changes out of memory.
0922375A-DDC8-4AFE-A7B5-8AD9CF9FEA33.jpeg
After switching to my new Titan cable (6AU+4AG), the Bass becomes firmer (not as boomy but hits harder), imaging is sharper, Treble more elevated but smoother. A very good match with my stock LX universal which is very boomy and got some details buried, which is now quite noticeable like in LXse.
Yes my LX feels more like LXse now, but still not completely there.

Outstanding!
Now does burn-in effect applies to the sd cards? If so then in 200hours it will be a blast!

May 25, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #2,187 of 3,042
Outstanding!
Now does burn-in effect applies to the sd cards? If so then in 200hours it will be a blast!
Burn in shouldn’t effect the Memory card....many people has been skeptical about burn in, but engineers know it existence, and it seems to come down to atomic sizes of the materials that contribute upward into “tolerances”. The larger the constructions as a whole and the tighter the precision = the longer it takes to burn in

What is burn in ? Well....you can call it operational conditions and parameters drift. There are 3 periods that these drifts are especially huge. The beginning of the life cycle (first few operations or hours), the operational and stable cycle (during these time, drift parameters are stable and remained so for such a long period), the end of life cycle (where these drifts are hugely being effected just as the first cycle)

Take example from battery packs....you cAn read and learn about them

Why memory card won’t be effected ? Because it was engineered to last, to be accurate, to remain error frees...etc....even down to each cells in nAno meter in sizes. Yes, it will drift once it get to the end of life cycle, but it was engineered to last for so long.....and it would be done burn in when it started dying out....in a sense ... drift parameters can Not be effecting storage mediums otherwise the world would be messed up.

In storage security, there are period of recommendation time frame to transfer all storage to new data storages. This is to secure the accuracy and losses of data. This is why you are seeing maintenance everywhere from Cloud to Google and Gaming servers....even Facebook and tweets.

Why ? Because burn in

What is burn in ? Because Drift parameters

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #2,188 of 3,042
Burn in shouldn’t effect the Memory card....many people has been skeptical about burn in, but engineers know it existence, and it seems to come down to atomic sizes of the materials that contribute upward into “tolerances”. The larger the constructions as a whole and the tighter the precision = the longer it takes to burn in

What is burn in ? Well....you can call it operational conditions and parameters drift. There are 3 periods that these drifts are especially huge. The beginning of the life cycle (first few operations or hours), the operational and stable cycle (during these time, drift parameters are stable and remained so for such a long period), the end of life cycle (where these drifts are hugely being effected just as the first cycle)

Take example from battery packs....you cAn read and learn about them

Why memory card won’t be effected ? Because it was engineered to last, to be accurate, to remain error frees...etc....even down to each cells in nAno meter in sizes. Yes, it will drift once it get to the end of life cycle, but it was engineered to last for so long.....and it would be done burn in when it started dying out....in a sense ... drift parameters can Not be effecting storage mediums otherwise the world would be messed up.

In storage security, there are period of recommendation time frame to transfer all storage to new data storages. This is to secure the accuracy and losses of data. This is why you are seeing maintenance everywhere from Cloud to Google and Gaming servers....even Facebook and tweets.

Why ? Because burn in

What is burn in ? Because Drift parameters

That is well said man . Burn in is a science but mortals dont have a clue that its there. They rather live and enjoy their icecream in the virtual reality play the matrix game 😅

May 25, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #2,189 of 3,042
That is well said man . Burn in is a science but mortals dont have a clue that its there. They rather live and enjoy their icecream in the virtual reality play the matrix game 😅
Most people lack curiosity.... The need to improve, the need to find out for oneself, is what drives innovation, and very few people are wired that way.
The ones Blazing the trail usually get ridiculed by the ones that are the laziest and most wilfully ignorant...
This is the story of Humanity, repeated over and over again..

May 25, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #2,190 of 3,042
This site has it explained:
https://www.sozocapacitors.com/break/
Break In
Simply; The sound gets clear. It at first sounds smeared.

Technically; Several things happen. The major thing is; during the break in period, the dielectric material (the insulating material) interacts negatively with the signal flow. The dielectric absorbs and releases energy as opposed to passing it through the capacitor. Uncooperatively, this is occurring at chaotic intervals.

This sporadic interaction is changing signal flow through the capacitor. However, the dielectric material changes over time as voltage is applied to the capacitor. The voltage creates heat, and a polarized skin forms on the surface of the dielectric (called skinning).

The dielectric then has a path through which to absorb and release energy, and does so at the correct times due to the formed path. (Like a path through a forest that is traveled over and over). Also over time, as voltage is applied to the conductors (the foil) the metal tempers, creating patterns as well (electricity will take the path of lowest resistance).

There are other reasons like skin effect (With an alternating current, there is a delay in the magnetic field’s response to the change in current and the ‘old’ magnetic field tends to push the current towards the outside of the conductor. As the frequency increases, so does the effect until at very high frequencies the entire current flows in a very narrow skin on the conductor–hence the name).

One other consideration is self inductance (The property of self inductance is a particular form of electromagnetic induction. Self inductance is defined as the induction of a voltage in a current-carrying material when the current in the wire itself is changing). Although this is a non-inductively wound capacitor; meaning, careful attention is made to not produce inductance with the design, there is an inductance due to the alternating voltage.

Every electrical component has a break in period. Some are more noticeable then others. Signal carrying components are the most obvious. It will take approximately 100 hours of operation for the capacitor to function to full performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back