Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #2,210 of 3,042
Holy snitch !!! Rich tiger !!!

I bought it at a freakin good price!
850 for n6ii and the 2 amps. E02 Romi sold me new for 300!

May 26, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,212 of 3,042
Many folks call n6ii+ E02 amp the end game at current market for android dap and overall amazing sound....

So since my ears where not busy lol I had to get this! For Spin!

May 26, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #2,213 of 3,042
Many folks call n6ii+ E02 amp the end game at current market for android dap and overall amazing sound....

So since my ears where not busy lol I had to get this! For Spin!
Nah....End game androids there are plenty :wink:....well my Dx220Max ain’t End game Android for sure

just teasing you!!!! This game never end man !

May 26, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #2,214 of 3,042
My end game dap so far is 1z nothing touches it, the rest is just fooling around 😛

Because I am curious Tiger! 🙃

May 26, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,217 of 3,042
May 26, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #2,218 of 3,042
C5EFCDAD-8B17-419D-B7C6-04C776C3DED3.jpeg

MDR-Z1R is sooo good being driven by @Whitigir 1A-EM that the Tazzy is being made obselete now. I dunno what HW and FW black magic is this but it’s crazy.

May 26, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #2,219 of 3,042
Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #2,220 of 3,042
LOL... As crazy as it sounds, color matching my gear is critical to me... it to me is a form of showing respect to the great equipment I own.

I do know the HW mods and FW went inside the 1A but what this shows is that when HW and FW mods are done right on the walkman, it can even beat a dedicated Headphone AMP. I know it sounds crazy and if you were to tell me this 6 mths back I would never have believed it... But I am hearing this for myself the last 2 days doing extensive A/B; going through most of my IEMs and cables on both 1A and Tazzy and the results are always conclusive. The resolution on the 1A-EM is amazing and this is one of the main reasons I can't go back to the TA. I'm spoilt by the resolution and clarity on the 1A and there is no turning back now. The MDR on the other hand had never sounded this good... I was even contemplating selling it as it was underused (beaten by IER-Z1R) and now it's my fav pairing with the 1A. The SQ is very analogue in nature and vocals is ohh so sweet. Mids have been brought foward and I am hearing good bass which I found was one of its weakest point when I compared it with the IEM-Z1R. Treble is very well extended with no harshness and violins on Mozart's Divertimento D Major K136 and Vivaldi's four season sound wonderful. Stage is 3D holographic and extended equally in all axis and there is very good feel of height. It does all the genres I listen to well and I do listen to a wide range. Heck it sounds so good with Qobuz streamed from my laptop that I am rediscovering all the music I listen to during my college days..... Green Day; smashing pumpkins, Aerosmith, Luna Sea, Old, 80s-90s Mandarin/Cantonese etc..... now I can't even bear to remove the headphones for even a minute... only when I do my conference calls. This is the best thing to happen doing my 14 days self quarantine at home after returning from Singapore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back