Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #2,101 of 3,042
I'll be sure to post a pic of the housing :) This thing has to just sit there, hell if the walkman was sitting stationary, it'd get the same treatment haha

And the biggest surprise is how cohesive the audio image is, and the layering is simply phenomenal.
Burn in will take a very long time.

You could build a second compartment with 1z so you could stack those caps there and simply wire them :gs1000smile:
That would be a thick mini Dmp but darn sound is worth all the effort right :)

May 23, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #2,102 of 3,042
You could build a second compartment with 1z so you could stack those caps there and simply wire them :gs1000smile:
That would be a thick mini Dmp but darn sound is worth all the effort right :)
I am listening to some classical music, and it sounds so emotional and engaging. Stunning is mildly put.
I am hoping those audionote KaeSei for the 1A are in the ballpark of this....if they are, the DAP game is officially over for me :)

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #2,103 of 3,042

In all it's glorious monstrocity
Sounds phenomenal.
Frankencity don't even begin to explain this! The sound descriptions sounds so delicious and amazing though!

Is it more analogue than hifi? Soundstage, 3-D? Any other descriptions?

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #2,104 of 3,042
I am listening to some classical music, and it sounds so emotional and engaging. Stunning is mildly put.
I am hoping those audionote KaeSei for the 1A are in the ballpark of this....if they are, the DAP game is officially over for me :)

Well yea there is a reason why desktop class exists :)
But those mundorf caps made in Germany are very sexy wonder how they compare sound wise vs black gates.... As per how you describe them is a sound to be desired by all audiophiles :)

May 23, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #2,105 of 3,042
Frankencity don't even begin to explain this! The sound descriptions sounds so delicious and amazing though!

Is it more analogue than hifi? Soundstage, 3-D? Any other descriptions?
The crazy thing is, the sound is both analogue and Hi-Fi. The instruments have texture and proper shape, I can look into the sound, and they have real 3D Depth, the image is anything but flat.
It just really conveys real instrument placement, that has "texture" like you would hear if you were there.
Texture and Depth where it was a flat image before is how I would put it.
It sounds as good as it looks hideous. :)
Soundstage has definitely moved deeper and towards me, in both directions.

It's very hard to put this into words, but I will try. Background is Insanely Black, zero noise. I mean ZERO.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #2,106 of 3,042
The crazy thing is, the sound is both analogue and Hi-Fi. The instruments have texture and proper shape, I can look into the sound, and they have real 3D Depth, the image is anything but flat.
It just really conveys real instrument placement, that has "texture" like you would hear if you were there.
Texture and Depth where it was a flat image before is how I would put it.
It sounds as good as it looks hideous.
Soundstage has definitely moved deeper and outward in both directions.

Timbre has seen a pretty significant improvement too.

what device is it ? Looks like rmi but I might be wrong... What dac does it have?

May 23, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #2,109 of 3,042
I can’t imagine if u fit 4 of them under the wm1Z...probably look like a bomb pack
No airplanes with that one for sure, unless you want to get tackled by security, and go through a deep anal cavity search.

Capacitors are definitely beginning to open up... This is insane.
ADD: I am getting goosebumps.... This is going to be very hard to put into words.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #2,110 of 3,042
No airplanes with that one for sure, unless you want to get tackled by security, and go through a deep anal cavity search.

Capacitors are definitely beginning to open up... This is insane.

😂😅🤣🤣🤣
The bomb has been planted
Counter terrorist Wins

Woaaa maybe Il ask you to mod my 1z haha and snag those mundorf caps!
Still waiting to discover the black gate caps here. Damn I am so late to the party 😭

@Morbideath havent heard of your impressions lately how is your 1z doing so far how is the burn in process, that thing mosta shine by now fully burned.

May 23, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #2,111 of 3,042
😂😅🤣🤣🤣
The bomb has been planted
Counter terrorist Wins

Woaaa maybe Il ask you to mod my 1z haha and snag those mundorf caps!
Still waiting to discover the black gate caps here. Damn I am so late to the party 😭

@Morbideath havent heard of your impressions lately how is your 1z doing so far how is the burn in process, that thing mosta shine by now fully burned.
The KaiSei caps With Copper foil internal cables will be wild. It would be very interesting to compare with the Blackgate 1Z after it's all finished :)
Either way both players will be likely End gamers.

These mundorf capacitors are no joke, absolutely worth every penny and then some.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #2,112 of 3,042
I got that one as it was my super favorite one hehe

I’m using J with good results with Jupiter301 T1 with the 1A. My question was.....Jupiter301 T1 didn’t need any region requirements right? No if you put it in your player on top of factory “U” region, it would still exist in your player if you switched regions to “J”......right?

May 23, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #2,113 of 3,042
I’m using J with good results with Jupiter301 T1 with the 1A. My question was.....Jupiter301 T1 didn’t need any region requirements right? No if you put it in your player on top of factory “U” region, it would still exist in your player if you switched regions to “J”......right?
None of the firmwares require specific regions to work. You can be on any region and use all firmwares freely.

May 23, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #2,114 of 3,042
May 23, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #2,115 of 3,042
661 hours now. The BGs are hot!
I plan to write something long after 800 hours instead of keep spamming the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back