Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,071 of 3,042
Pictures of it didn’t happen
20200523_150550.jpg

In all it's glorious monstrocity
Sounds phenomenal.

May 23, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #2,076 of 3,042
Woaaaa!!!!
I just had to find out how they sounded LMAO.
I would get some audionote caps but they don't have 47uf and 15uf values, so I am trying to figure out what else I can use that will be as good as these, minus the obvious gigantic size.

I will let these cook as they are for a good 200 hours.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2,077 of 3,042
I just had to find out how they sounded LMAO.
I would get some audionote caps but they don't have 47uf and 15uf values, so I am trying to figure out what else I can use that will be as good as these, minus the obvious gigantic size.
Any film caps would sound like that (have these characteristics) “polypropylene”.....liquid....analog....lownoises....great details.... But remember, each brand has it own dielectric and constructions constants recipes....I just meant each brand has it own sound signature

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #2,079 of 3,042
Any film caps would sound like that (have these characteristics) “polypropylene”.....liquid....analog....lownoises....great details.... But remember, each brand has it own dielectric and constructions constants recipes....I just meant each brand has it own sound signature
Film caps are way too big. I need to go smaller
Mundorf ECAP Raw are less than half the size, but they are etched to increase the surface area, don't know how they would sound in comparison.

May 23, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #2,082 of 3,042
Wima, Kemet also has film caps :wink:
Dammit, I am keeping them like they are :)
They sound phenomenal.
I'll swap them out a bit further down the road, but for now I will build a mounting plate and get these up out of the board.
I am hearing micro details all over the place, and the music is very engaging, and enjoyable....and these capacitors haven't even burned in yet.

May 23, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #2,083 of 3,042
Yeah, but they are only found in Hong Kong and so on... can’t find them in the US...don’t even know if they are authentic
Does the Pro sounds more analogue than non-pro version? If not, only with a faster speed, I'm perfectly happy with the current ones

May 23, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #2,084 of 3,042
Does the Pro sounds more analogue than non-pro version? If not, only with a faster speed, I'm perfectly happy with the current ones
That was the reason why I am trying to seek for the Pro versions.

ProExtreme has the best bass fidelity and sub bass with the most open soundstage and details I have heard on Walkman. It is only very slightly behind Sony Audiophile MicroSD.

The regular Extreme is about on par with Samsung stuff, but Samsung has a more blooming bass though

May 23, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #2,085 of 3,042
That was the reason why I am trying to seek for the Pro versions.

ProExtreme has the best bass fidelity and sub bass with the most open soundstage and details I have heard on Walkman. It is only very slightly behind Sony Audiophile MicroSD.

The regular Extreme is about on par with Samsung stuff, but Samsung has a more blooming bass though
Holy … that's … nuts
Time for some HK shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back