Modified usage of Super.fi 5pro
Jul 28, 2006 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 296

8lias

100+ Head-Fier
etysmile.gif

(Flip Flop), attached the removeable "left" wire to the "right" driver, and vice versa for the other one. There's a "tiny" bump at the end of the wire and the driver unit, make sure they line up with each other to avoid out of phase sound, wear them like the pictures show.

Advantages: flat, doesn't stick out as much, sturdier fit, best seal for best sound result. ENJOY. Check out UE's site for better pics and instruction: Ultimate Ears - super.fi MOD

Jul 29, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 296
They look awesome like that, too bad they don't have the thing that you can adjust around the wires where they split, like on IEM's that are meant to be worn like that. Maybe a mod could help with that. I imagine the soundstage sounds a bit weird.

Aug 6, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 296
Just bumping this to say that it's my preferred way of wearing them as well. Though I don't mind wearing them the normal way, this way makes them very easy to lay down with, and they're much less likely to shift around.

Aug 7, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 296
I've worn mine "backwards" like this since I got them. Much more comfortable, better fit and seal. I have yet to find any cons to wearing them this way.

GTP

Aug 7, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #10 of 296
thank you.... so much... i am so happy right now! i have trouble getting a seal with the conventional way, when i open my mouth or when my ears are damp(from Hong Kong humidity). I think this may have solved it!

thanks!

Aug 7, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #12 of 296
Wow!

Just tried it and I am damn impressed. They feel more natural in my ears, seal better, and dont come loose. Have yet to give it the commute test, but so far I love it.

I've had to do some occasional adjusting using the standard fit, but this way they seem to be in more solidly, with my earlobe holding them too, not just the wire.

@flamerz: the newer model have the adjustable cable splitter.

Aug 7, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #13 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz
They look awesome like that, too bad they don't have the thing that you can adjust around the wires where they split, like on IEM's that are meant to be worn like that. Maybe a mod could help with that.

No mod needed.....they already have it.
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #14 of 296
great idea, at first when I read this thread I thought, wth? why would anyone do that, but you are indeed right the fit and level of comfort is much better than how UE says to wear them. Its a much tighter fit within your ear. I am actually using the smallest silicon tips and they fit better then using the foamies the regular way! The isloation is amazing this way with the silicon tips, Nice job, and thanks for thinking outside the box and sharing with the rest of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back