Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3?
Sep 10, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #16 of 60
Speaking of good games, Who's waiting for the Halo remake ? 
atsmile.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #18 of 60
I've been playing COD since the first one came out. It had a great trajectory until Activision got a hold of it. It's getting more cartoonish while BF is getting more realistic.

Its been real COD, but I think I might jump ship after a PC upgrade.

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #20 of 60
I'm with the B3 side on this. I'd be fine with getting both since the only CoD game I have is World At War, but when I can only go with one option this fall, it's gotta be Battlefield for its bigger scaled maps, destruction, and getting to the choppa. Now I really wish I had a beast computer for 64 player matches. 24 is alright on BC2, but eh... sometimes the pacing feels a bit held back.

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #21 of 60
CoD8, like every CoD game since CoD4, will be a joke. No reason to keep paying $60 annually for a new map and weapon pack for multiplayer (and then another ~$30-$60 for more map packs), and a PoS campaign. MASON THE NUMBERS MASON MASON THE NUMBERS. 

Probably not gonna get BF3 either, but I must say that it looks significantly nicer.

Sep 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #22 of 60

Quote:
CoD8, like every CoD game since CoD4, will be a joke. No reason to keep paying $60 annually for a new map and weapon pack for multiplayer (and then another ~$30-$60 for more map packs), and a PoS campaign. MASON THE NUMBERS MASON MASON THE NUMBERS. 

Probably not gonna get BF3 either, but I must say that it looks significantly nicer.

you mean since AFTER cod 4 right? cod 4 was amazing! i don't really think they have gotten worse since then, with the exception of mw2, i think they have just been pretty much the same thing every year. call of duty is still a solid game as long as it uses the same foundation like they have been using. i suspect the same thing will happen to me with bf3, since i am just going to start playing the battlefield series. i will start with bf3 and probably get bored once 5 comes out.

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #23 of 60
The choices should be re-worded.

It should say:

MW3 - Maybe they should retire the formula that they jacked from cod2 and try some innovation (or just retire the series)
BF3- Way too awesome to describe in words.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #24 of 60
Always loved battlefield. Was addicted since 1942 and bought every game since. I will admit, I've played BC2 the most out of any of them.
Played my fair share of CoD games though mainly at friends houses. I only play those when I'm *really* bored, and have no other shooters.
But once BF3 is out, I'm in trouble. That game is going to ruin my life -- at least for a few good months. Now, what headphone to get for it...

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #25 of 60
BF3 looks like a pretty good game. I don't think I'm going to buy it because I hate EA so much (*** Origin...) but it looks leagues better than MW3. 

I'll be buying Rage and Skyrim come winter. Red Orchestra 2 is my shooter fix 
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 60
MW3. It pretty much goes against all of my beliefs, because since Cod4, all the games have been underwhelming. BF3 looks really good, and I'll probably get it eventually, but the campaign for MW3 looks too good to miss. I honestly love all the Infinity War campaigns, no matter how unrealistic it is. If I want to get a multiplayer game though, it'll have to be BF3

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #29 of 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back