Modding the RME PAD
Mar 27, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #199 of 243
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
I think the LT1126 is the dual version of the 1122, but I'm not completely sure, their website doesn't exactly make it clear.

no, it isn't dual LT1122.. completely different chip..

I'm happy to hear you enjoy Class A bias
wink.gif
another opamps to roll should be AD817 (or AD826 dual) and AD825

Zemo, your MIA has AK4524/8 DAC, which seems to be little on the dark side, on the contrary AD1852 used on RME is slightly brighter, so I think you should look for less darker sounding chip.. with two OPA627AU on BrownDog you can't go wrong.. especially biased into Class A..

definitely try LT1122 also.. it sells almost free
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #201 of 243
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Yeah, compared to the 627, the LT1122 is butt cheap!

Can't wait to hear what the 627 in Class A sounds!

BTW, how much hotter are the OPamps running now in comparison? Anything to worry about?

They feel slightly warm, less than the PSU of my Gilmore, nothing too bad. I don't think it shoudl be a problem.

Mar 27, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #203 of 243
yes definitely.. I need really detailed pictures of the card to tell you what to do with power supplies.. the opamps are powered with +/-12V right?

Mar 27, 2004 at 9:27 AM Post #208 of 243
RME_mod_MK2_05closeupOPamp.jpg

those two caps under the DAC are unnecessary.. they are in the way of OUTL+ and OUTL-, there should be another pair of simillar caps in the way of OUTR+ and OUTR-, but I can't see them from the pictures.. those should be removed and bridged.. also, if the output circuitry is more or less taken from AD1852 datasheet, it is three pole Bessel filter.. I would change it to just two pole filter, becouse you can then remove one cap from the output and also replace 200R output resistor with ten times smaller one, so that you significantly lower the output impedance.. this could also help things..

Mar 27, 2004 at 9:38 AM Post #209 of 243
Quote:

Originally posted by Glassman
RME_mod_MK2_05closeupOPamp.jpg

those two caps under the DAC are unnecessary.. they are in the way of OUTL+ and OUTL-, there should be another pair of simillar caps in the way of OUTR+ and OUTR-, but I can't see them from the pictures.. those should be removed and bridged.. also, if the output circuitry is more or less taken from AD1852 datasheet, it is three pole Bessel filter.. I would change it to just two pole filter, becouse you can then remove one cap from the output and also replace 200R output resistor with ten times smaller one, so that you significantly lower the output impedance.. this could also help things..

Could you please highlight the specific parts you are talking about removing/replacing?

Mar 27, 2004 at 11:11 AM Post #210 of 243
I can't unless I can see the traces on pcb.. I was judging from the AD1852 datasheet.. the caps I was talking about are the ones that were different on some Steinberg cards and that you tried replacing for Black Gates I think..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back