Modding my Beyerdynamic DT 770
Jun 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:
In the picture I posted, there's two bead looking things on the left and right of the wires, those are diodes. They're unimportant.

That's what I was thinking they were.

The wiring and jacks should be coming in within the next hour or two, but the earliest I can probably work on the headphones is later today.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #21 of 28
What are the approximate dimensions? I was eyeing these (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=090-317) but the one you showed looks a little more compact.

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #22 of 28
The wood I'm planning on eventually using for the wooden cups came in today.

Here is a picture of the cable I made the other day. Waiting for a new jack to come in before I mess with detachable cables on my headphones.

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #27 of 28
I have a set of LEMO connectors that are perfect for a detachable mod.
i was going to use them myself but they were a tiny bit too big for my D2000 although they should be no problem for a pair of DT770s. Dimensions on the female jack are 20mm length by 8.35mm diameter. The section that protrudes the headphones is 1mm tall and 9mm diameter.
You would have to do a split mod though as these connectors only have 2 pins.
Shoot me a Pm if interested.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #28 of 28
Sorry for the lack of an update. With last weekend being 4th of July weekend and all that I didn't really have all the time I thought I would. The current plan is for me to do the detachable cable mod this next weekend. Supposedly my uncle has tools so I'll have to get in touch with him regarding shaping the wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back