Modding Monoprice 8323 (With Pictures)
Jul 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

biggbenn74

500+ Head-Fier
Here you go, guys! My fully modded Monoprice 8323s!

Mods include:
Headband Padding $15
Beyerdynamic Velour Pads $25
Monoprice Gold Plated Mobile Cable $5

The earpads fit nicely and provide a good seal, although they do NOT provide as good of a seal as the stock pads.

The headband is now extremely plushy and super comfortable. (Although, it kinda looks a bit weird...)

Comfort is improved by at least 300%. SQ has been upped as well with some of the bass leaving to make room for more mids.

All in all, great investment.

P.S. Anyone have any other mods/ suggestions for me? 

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 11
Meep meep... http://www.head-fi.org/t/610542/mod-monoporice-8323

biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 11
hi there i was wondering if you removed the original padding that was on the headband originally? or is it still under the pad you bought?? which is more comfortable?

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Mods include:
Headband Padding $15

The earpads fit nicely and provide a good seal, although they do NOT provide as good of a seal as the stock pads.

The headband is now extremely plushy and super comfortable. (Although, it kinda looks a bit weird...)

Comfort is improved by at least 300%. SQ has been upped as well with some of the bass leaving to make room for more mids.

did anyone keep the original padding? i'm hesitant to tear off the original headband padding at the moment, but now the earpads are touching the bottom of my ears now. dunno if thats issue but just something i noticed

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 11
hi there i was wondering if you removed the original padding that was on the headband originally? or is it still under the pad you bought?? which is more comfortable?

I left it on, but I put the extra pad on backwards. It's more comfortable.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 11
I know this post is old, but I had the issue of my ears touching the driver and the pads were sitting on my ears instead of my ears being inside them. I found a solution. All you have to do is roll up a kleenex and push it underneath the pads. After that, my ears don't touch anything. Here is a picture.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
I know this post is old, but I had the issue of my ears touching the driver and the pads were sitting on my ears instead of my ears being inside them. I found a solution. All you have to do is roll up a kleenex and push it underneath the pads. After that, my ears don't touch anything. Here is a picture.

or cardboard works too, i tried that a while back, it altered the sound of the 8323s so i took it out but my ears just slightly touch the fabric on the earpads onto of the drivers so it wasn't a big deal for me

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #11 of 11

Mods include:

Headband Padding $15

Sorry to revive this ancient thread. With these mods you're into this for $60-$70. How do these compare to other headphones in that price range? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back