Modding for better Bass - Dynamat or Vinyl Damping?
Jun 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WaveRider69

100+ Head-Fier
I was going to get some Dynamat then I saw this other Vinyl stuff that claims to be better.  What do you guys think?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?PartNumber=268-030

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 6
It should give some better impact, accuracy, and detail.  Sort of like when using sound damping material in speakers.  Instead of the cheap plastic housing on most headphones.

I think I'm going to give the vinyl stuff a try.  I think while I'm at it I'll do some recabling too.  What gauge cable do you guys recommend?  What size is the factory default usually?

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
It should give some better impact, accuracy, and detail.  Sort of like when using sound damping material in speakers.  Instead of the cheap plastic housing on most headphones.

I think I'm going to give the vinyl stuff a try.  I think while I'm at it I'll do some recabling too.  What gauge cable do you guys recommend?  What size is the factory default usually?

22awg is what I use for full-sized headphones.

And adding damping like the vinyl suppresses funky backwaves that mess with the sound.

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
22awg is what I use for full-sized headphones.

And adding damping like the vinyl suppresses funky backwaves that mess with the sound.

Cool sounds good, so do you think 1/8" flex tubing would be enough or should I get 1/4"?

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 6
1/4 would be the safe choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back