Modded my ah-d1001s, WOW!
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pHEnomIC

100+ Head-Fier
I got some ah-d1001s, really like them but was a little disappointed when they didnt have the bass that some bose triports i used to use had.

So far i dyna-matted the enclosure and the back of the driver and WOW!

I now have that punch i was craving. It is very noticeable both with an without an amp. I did one ear at a time to compare and it was quite a difference. Im gonna recable them in the next couple days, cant wait to see what difference that makes. (which i hear is also a big improvement)

Hard to describe exactly but it made the bass punch like i wanted and changed the mids somehow.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 7
Nice to hear successful mod stories, it might encourage others (like me) to try some too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 7
I recabled them today with mogami 2893, this definitely made a huge difference too. They now put those triports to shame. Its almost as if i have an amp on em to give them that extra hit even when I dont have the amp. I am using a macbook pro as a source and wow.

Overall the headphones sound more musical, have more clarity, and im hearing some stuff I didn't notice in songs.

I realized i switched my right and left channel, so im gonna have to fix that tomorrow, DOH!

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #6 of 7
Google "markl mods 1001"

Here's a pic of my cable job (i fixed my mistake with switching l and r channels)
Photo_1685.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back