Moddables under $100
May 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dragonzeanse

100+ Head-Fier
Because I want to get into the hobby of modding headphones, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good moddables under $100. I'm already aware of the Grado headphones - which I boldfaced, italicized, and underlined, so that nobody ends up thinking I'm forgetting that one. I probably would buy them, but first, I want to know of other headphones in this price range that could make for a fun afternoon. Fostex T50RP aren't something I care to dabble in because the price is just outside of $100 (which is about the limit for whimsical purchases for me), and I want to try something not a lot of people are already doing. I've heard the Sony ZX100 could do for modding, but I'm not so sure. Any other ideas?

May 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 4
T20RP-II is usually $60-70 and not so different. Also some of the older planars such as Yamaha and HOK. Best to ask on the planar modding thread.

An even cheaper one, $20-30, is Monoprice 8323.

Tascam TH02, definitely. That's actually a very good choice.

Bear in mind that you have to have a lot of patience to do this sort of work.

May 17, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 4
  T20RP-II is usually $60-70 and not so different. Also some of the older planars such as Yamaha and HOK. Best to ask on the planar modding thread.

An even cheaper one, $20-30, is Monoprice 8323.

Tascam TH02, definitely. That's actually a very good choice.

Bear in mind that you have to have a lot of patience to do this sort of work.

Ah, Monoprice 8323. I was thinking that might be a good option. Anything else cheap that could get a good mod?

May 17, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 4
I would try the Tascam given how good the stock FR is for something that cheap ($15-30).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back