Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #2,746 of 2,941
for those that like to use a speaker amps to drive the hard to drive headphones then Fosi announced a new amp they will be releasing on the 20th... its the Z3 MONO and will be PFFB for perfect FR now... here is the review site....
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/fosi-audio-v3-mono-amplifier-review.53474/
GoldenSound made a post on the headphones.com forums about why you shouldn't use a Class D speaker amp for headphones https://forum.headphones.com/t/class-d-amplifiers-for-headphones/22740/2 Could be potentially dangerous for your headphones + hearing due to the high frequency boost. Edit: ahh reading the asr post now that one doesn't have as much as a problem with that

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #2,747 of 2,941
After missing the reaction-time lottery in early Jan., I placed an order with Mimic. They told me 12-16 weeks at the time. I just checked with them. (Props to TJ who answered my email in about 10 min.!!) Well, TJ said "We’re probably halfway out to your order being finished up." In other words, look like a 24 week (and counting?) lead time for a January order. Guessing it's longer for now.

Just a data point...

I agree about the importance of customer communications/relation! Spent much of my career in retail and corporate sales. Hoping Ryan can bring on support person for emails and forums.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #2,748 of 2,941
I'm just hoping that pressure won't start to build up on his shoulders because of all this mess, or if it does it will not affect his work. The real nightmare scenario will be to receive a faulty one after so many months of waiting.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #2,749 of 2,941
I'm just hoping that pressure won't start to build up on his shoulders because of all this mess, or if it does it will not affect his work. The real nightmare scenario will be to receive a faulty one after so many months of waiting.
The last thing this thread needs is further imaginary negative outcomes.

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #2,750 of 2,941
The last thing this thread needs is further imaginary negative outcomes.
Being one of his customers, consider it a hopeful wish from my side.

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #2,751 of 2,941
For those who ordered Nov 3rd, Ryan is finishing the last batch this week and will ship soon. He took on too many orders for that one which explains the delay.

All other orders since then have a much smaller volume so he should get through them faster.

Those who ordered through Mimic should contact Mimic for estimates. Mimic batches are queued regularly like other orders.

Hope that helps for those who are excited to get their hands on one. I promise you it’s worth the wait. And if you don’t like the sound, post about it so we can help troubleshoot potential problems before considering a return.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #2,752 of 2,941
For those who ordered Nov 3rd, Ryan is finishing the last batch this week and will ship soon. He took on too many orders for that one which explains the delay.

All other orders since then have a much smaller volume so he should get through them faster.

Those who ordered through Mimic should contact Mimic for estimates. Mimic batches are queued regularly like other orders.

Hope that helps for those who are excited to get their hands on one. I promise you it’s worth the wait. And if you don’t like the sound, post about it so we can help troubleshoot potential problems before considering a return.
Good to know.

Tho at this stage it’d probably be easier to resell than return. But please people don’t fleece buyers over the price.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #2,753 of 2,941
I find that I am less annoyed when not checking the forum/post regularly and just focus on other things…watch a film, listen to a new album, focus on work or just listening to my current headphone…

Ryan is already under tremendous stress for making a hand made boutique product that can be a giant killer, and it’s not like there is a chance we won’t get our product. Just a chance we may not get it in the time he promised.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #2,754 of 2,941

Can confirm the veracity of the shipping status of the 11/3 orders. Mine was next to last in that batch and I received my shipping notice this morning.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #2,755 of 2,941
Guys, let's get this straight. Just because he is a one-man show And makes a notoriously great product.... doesn't mean that he's not accountable to his customers. Communication is key

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #2,756 of 2,941
Guys, let's get this straight. Just because he is a one-man show And makes a notoriously great product.... doesn't mean that he's not accountable to his customers. Communication is key
I mean there is some communication with the last two update mails.
But he should’ve just said the shipping will be delayed by an undefined time as he does not know yet when he will be able to catch up.

Would’ve been fine imo but at least we know November 10th batches will now be worked on

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #2,757 of 2,941
i want my tungsten.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 124730.png

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #2,758 of 2,941
Curious if the current 5-month wait (as evidenced by 11/3 orders being shipped this week) is going to get longer or shorter, as time goes on?

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #2,759 of 2,941
Curious if the current 5-month wait (as evidenced by 11/3 orders being shipped this week) is going to get longer or shorter, as time goes on?

I think it will reduce over time. Back after January’s orders, Ryan switched from twice a month ordering to only once a month, likely so he can try to catch up.

As successful as he has been in the past with his products, I’m sure he didn’t anticipate these being as big of a hit as they are.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #2,760 of 2,941
I mean there is some communication with the last two update mails.
But he should’ve just said the shipping will be delayed by an undefined time as he does not know yet when he will be able to catch up.

Would’ve been fine imo but at least we know November 10th batches will now be worked on
Let’s see…ordered November 24…..
No communication whatsoever until February 15 with his blanket email to everyone telling us why he is behind…. But zero estimates for new lead times or where anyone was on the list
I finally emailed him (nicely) on March 4 which he answered March 5 saying he had started the November 3rd orders and depending on where I was on the November 24th que….I can expect 2-3 more weeks.
Nothing else

This doesnt sound like much communication to me.

So either he literally doesnt have a clue how long it takes to make his headphone, he is giving blow off lead times to buy time and stall the customer, or he isn’t putting in the time to take care of his obligations in the manner he promised.

He can crack a beer on Friday evening and send a blanket email to everyone saying something like “I finished November 3rd orders….next week I hope and expect to have 1/2 of the November 10th orders done” or something to that effect….or just have a google speadsheet that everyone can see the progress like ZMF. It literally should take 3 minutes each week to just give people an idea if he is that far behind.!

Again communication keeps people content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back