Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #2,716 of 3,025
Don't forget the November 24th orders. About a month ago I asked what the lead time would be for my order which is on November 24th. To his credit he answered after a couple days. He told me two to three weeks. And seeing that the November 10th orders haven't even shipped... Who knows when we're going to get our shipments. It is kind of frustrating when you're told one thing when ordering(10 to 12 weeks) and we are on week 18 I think. It would be nice if he had some sort of list to show the progress like ZMF does. Really the communication isn't very good.
Yep I ordered Nov 10th and we are approaching week 20 now (12 weeks were estimated when u ordered).
He should just bump the lead time up to 25 weeks and people would be less frustrated

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #2,718 of 3,025
Yep I ordered Nov 10th and we are approaching week 20 now (12 weeks were estimated when u ordered).
He should just bump the lead time up to 25 weeks and people would be less frustrated
If Ryan can't even meet these updated timeframes, then he really needs to up the price so demand matches supply. And so that the increased price can go towards hiring more ppl to deliver in the advertised timeframe.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #2,719 of 3,025
I would really appreciate if Ryan would post something here or send an email about the current status.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #2,722 of 3,025
the much longer than expected wait time is a real bummer but the real concern is that he starts to feel pressure to get the headphones out and then the quality starts to suffer.
That pressure only happens if he goes to read the comments here or if people are annoying him via email.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #2,724 of 3,025
for those that like to use a speaker amps to drive the hard to drive headphones then Fosi announced a new amp they will be releasing on the 20th... its the Z3 MONO and will be PFFB for perfect FR now... here is the review site....
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/fosi-audio-v3-mono-amplifier-review.53474/
I just had a quick look at the ASR review. He overlays the frequency response at 4 and 8 ohm loads, and concludes "no load dependency in audible band", although one can see a slight divergence at 20 kHz, which balloons to 2 dB at 40 kHz. This divergence makes me question how the FR will look driving a 150 ohm load. Someone should probably ask Amir to test that if he still has possession of the amp.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #2,725 of 3,025
If Ryan can't even meet these updated timeframes, then he really needs to up the price so demand matches supply. And so that the increased price can go towards hiring more ppl to deliver in the advertised timeframe.
I wouldn’t say he need to go up with the price. I think it’s a good thing those headphones are „affordable“ and a wider audience can buy them.
It would be kind of unfair demanding Ryan to raise price after you, or I or anybody else was able to grab a pair.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #2,726 of 3,025
if a few folks would post order date and order numbers we could at least get a stab at how things are moving... not much activity
I mean I already mentioned that I ordered November 10th and my number is 37.

As mine haven’t been shipped yet, we can assume it’s <8837 for now

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #2,727 of 3,025
I just had a quick look at the ASR review. He overlays the frequency response at 4 and 8 ohm loads, and concludes "no load dependency in audible band", although one can see a slight divergence at 20 kHz, which balloons to 2 dB at 40 kHz. This divergence makes me question how the FR will look driving a 150 ohm load. Someone should probably ask Amir to test that if he still has possession of the amp.
look at post #14 where the Fosi posts the FR... they are working on the filters...

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #2,729 of 3,025
That pressure only happens if he goes to read the comments here or if people are annoying him via email.
Annoying him? Ryan is not doing these "annoying" people a favor by giving them a free headphone, these are paying customers that payed in advance for a very expensive product that where promised said product by a given date that he himself gave and has failed to fulfill in several occasions now.

These kind of comments really make me wish there was a dislike button in this forum.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #2,730 of 3,025
look at post #14 where the Fosi posts the FR... they are working on the filters...
OK, thanks for pointing that out. My new question is why Fosi sent ASR an amplifier still under development to be tested, and why there seems to be no mention of that fact in Amir's review (post #1). If what is shown in post #14 is the FR with 4 vs. 8 ohm loads, there is still some divergence, hence it's still a pertinent question (to Head-Fi'ers, anyway) to ask for FR plots at the much higher impedances typical of headphones. Purifi publishes the unloaded (10k ohm) frequency response for its amp modules, and other class D amp manufacturers should do the same, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back