Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Mar 2, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #2,206 of 3,179
Also did anyone here who ordered in November receive any shipping notification?

I ordered on Nov 10th when lead time was 12 weeks. Then it was 14 weeks. Now it’s 16 weeks.

I’m sure everyone is inpatient and I don’t want to stress Ryan even more than he already is, but after 16 weeks and 4 weeks over the original estimated lead time I‘m getting a bit impatient too
I wait around 5 months for mine. So just need to be patience.

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #2,207 of 3,179
All this waiting made me neurotic so I ended up ordering for a new headphone to arrive every month to calm my nerves. Then I realized I may have overdone it… *looks at the susvara*.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #2,208 of 3,179
All this waiting made me neurotic so I ended up ordering for a new headphone to arrive every month to calm my nerves. Then I realized I may have overdone it… *looks at the susvara*.
That eacalated quickly🤣

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #2,209 of 3,179
That eacalated quickly🤣
Tell me about it. :sob: I might start on a ZMF binge if this Tungsten is any slower… based on current wait times, it’s looking like minimum 5 months wait time.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #2,210 of 3,179
Tell me about it. :sob: I might start on a ZMF binge if this Tungsten is any slower… based on current wait times, it’s looking like minimum 5 months wait time.
Be careful, joining the ZMF Cult is a one way Ticket for most. It's a very warm and welcoming community though

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #2,211 of 3,179
Be careful, joining the ZMF Cult is a one way Ticket for most. It's a very warm and welcoming community though
I tried calculating the costs from all the ZMF one guy got and I came up with more than the cost of both my Subarus.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #2,212 of 3,179
I tried calculating the costs from all the ZMF one guy got and I came up with more than the cost of both my Subarus.
I didn't buy a single ZMF(yet) but know that there are already 3 models that suit my preferences. Potentially soon a 4th... that would be like 15k € already

Then you count in all the pads and Meshes....fun guaranteed

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #2,213 of 3,179
Also did anyone here who ordered in November receive any shipping notification?

I ordered on Nov 10th when lead time was 12 weeks. Then it was 14 weeks. Now it’s 16 weeks.

I’m sure everyone is inpatient and I don’t want to stress Ryan even more than he already is, but after 16 weeks and 4 weeks over the original estimated lead time I‘m getting a bit impatient too
Ditto. I ordered Nov 3 from Mimic and I'm starting to get a little more than annoyed. If I don't get these by the end of March, I'm going to be more than pissed.

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #2,214 of 3,179
Ditto. I ordered Nov 3 from Mimic and I'm starting to get a little more than annoyed. If I don't get these by the end of March, I'm going to be more than pissed.
Ordered mine direct on July 4th and got it right before christmas.

Its gonna take what it takes, he's hand assembling em. but its a good set of headphones for what its worth. Absolutely shines on 300B, then again what doesnt?

Like some other people here, I assuaged the pain of waiting by ordering more headphones:ksc75smile:

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #2,215 of 3,179
Ordered mine direct on July 4th and got it right before christmas.

Its gonna take what it takes, he's hand assembling em. but its a good set of headphones for what its worth. Absolutely shines on 300B, then again what doesnt?

Like some other people here, I assuaged the pain of waiting by ordering more headphones:ksc75smile:
Wait, it was 6 months from July? :deadhorse:

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #2,216 of 3,179
Wait, it was 6 months from July? :deadhorse:
Yeah, ordered it directly through email.
I couldve gotten it quicker had I gone for single sided, but I did double sided magnets, 2 extra wood panels, and a extra long viking weave cable.

Honestly, I was frustrated at it, but Ryan was real decent to deal with and the headphones are something special (imo). Its very rare you get a headphone that is just a good all rounder like this. (I've tried a good chunk of the stuff out there, but have only demoed stuff like Aperio HE1).

Now whether or not everyone else will feel that way, I can't say but, Feliks Envy + Tungsten has been hands down one of my favorite listening experiences so far.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #2,217 of 3,179
Yeah I mean I feel a bit bad for getting inpatient and annoyed. I know Ryan is working his ass off trying to catch up with orders, so I try my best to not be a dick about it.
I guess I’ll have to do what everyone does and buy new headphones.
Or I save the money for a decent tube amp, as I never had one

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #2,219 of 3,179
I ordered my DS Tungsten from Mimic on Oct 13 and received mine on Feb 8. They were well worth the wait for me, they are fantastic headphones, like others have said they don't really have any major flaws in their frequency response, they just do everything well. Female vocals especially are incredible on them.

I found out about L0rdGwyn's Aegis during my wait from goldwerger's review of the tungsten, which sent me down that rabbit hole of buying parts and planning the build, which significantly helped with easing the wait for the tungsten lol. I also had Ryan mod Argon MK3 for me in 2020, so I knew what to expect for wait time.

The Tungsten + Aegis is a combo that I'm excited for more people to be able to experience with the ZMF Aegis coming out!

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #2,220 of 3,179
Yeah I mean I feel a bit bad for getting inpatient and annoyed. I know Ryan is working his ass off trying to catch up with orders, so I try my best to not be a dick about it.
I guess I’ll have to do what everyone does and buy new headphones.
Or I save the money for a decent tube amp, as I never had one
A good tube amp is definitely on the list. Came face to face with the Envy and my god that thing is a thing of beauty.
I ordered my DS Tungsten from Mimic on Oct 13 and received mine on Feb 8. They were well worth the wait for me, they are fantastic headphones, like others have said they don't really have any major flaws in their frequency response, they just do everything well. Female vocals especially are incredible on them.

I found out about L0rdGwyn's Aegis during my wait from goldwerger's review of the tungsten, which sent me down that rabbit hole of buying parts and planning the build, which significantly helped with easing the wait for the tungsten lol. I also had Ryan mod Argon MK3 for me in 2020, so I knew what to expect for wait time.

The Tungsten + Aegis is a combo that I'm excited for more people to be able to experience with the ZMF Aegis coming out!

is that powerful enough?

Bet it’s not so easy getting everything to the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back