Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #2,191 of 3,179
It depends on the person but a refund pending over 2 weeks is not normal and is something to be concerned about the company.
I am talking with Mimic Audio again and once resolved, I will post.
That’s clearly a PP issue of holding your money.
I personally deal with Mimic because I get the best customer support. And I strongly recommend him to other buyers.

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #2,192 of 3,179
I personally deal with Mimic because I get the best customer support. And I strongly recommend him to other buyers.
In my stance, Paypal told me there is nothing wrong on their side and can't do anything about it.
Mimic Audio told me there was nothing they could do and wait.
A normal person would think that this is not a good situation.
I understand Mimic Audio's side but they could have done better ig: they should contact me for 2 weeks of not going anywhere, not the buyer.
I am now solving with Mimic Audio so I will keep the update up.

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #2,193 of 3,179
Same experience. Mimic Audio is very trustworthy and easy to recommend to others - great customer service and a genuinely nice guy.

Feb 29, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #2,194 of 3,179
good to see Mimic show up here.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #2,195 of 3,179
Same experience. Mimic Audio is very trustworthy and easy to recommend to others - great customer service and a genuinely nice guy.
I beleive you and Mimic Audio is probably very realiable company as everyone seemed to had great experience with them. but clearly, that wasnt my case. What im missing from them was a sense of urgency. 2k USD might be small amount for Mimic audio but for another person that could be a lot. They are holding someone else's money if you think that way and after 2 weeks, i had to reach them because they didnt while when they are the one that should be proactive in fixing.
PayPal is saying its on Mimic Auduo while Mimic Audio is saying its on PayPal .
I could careless who the hack is the problem, as a buyer i also dont care what type of account or amount of Mimic Audio has. All i care is i recieve the money back as i should.
Just because most people had great expereince with certain company, it doesnt mean things like my case doesnt happen. It was objectively wrong and i was here to share what happened and it could happen to anyone else. I also believe posting here also gave them sense urgency (at least i hope now).

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #2,198 of 3,179
Also did anyone here who ordered in November receive any shipping notification?

I ordered on Nov 10th when lead time was 12 weeks. Then it was 14 weeks. Now it’s 16 weeks.

I’m sure everyone is inpatient and I don’t want to stress Ryan even more than he already is, but after 16 weeks and 4 weeks over the original estimated lead time I‘m getting a bit impatient too

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #2,199 of 3,179
Also did anyone here who ordered in November receive any shipping notification?

I ordered on Nov 10th when lead time was 12 weeks. Then it was 14 weeks. Now it’s 16 weeks.

I’m sure everyone is inpatient and I don’t want to stress Ryan even more than he already is, but after 16 weeks and 4 weeks over the original estimated lead time I‘m getting a bit impatient too
He emailed out an update on that they are delayed. He is going to be taking less new orders so he can fullfill the older orders faster. I am waiting for my single Sided order from around that time too. I got my Double sided like a week or two ago.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #2,200 of 3,179
He emailed out an update on that they are delayed. He is going to be taking less new orders so he can fullfill the older orders faster. I am waiting for my single Sided order from around that time too. I got my Double sided like a week or two ago.
Yeah I did read that mail, he stated that orders from Nov 10th will be build in the 3rd week of February. Now it’s march already and neither did we get a new update, nor did I see anyone posting that he received their pair.

Well I guess I have to go back to wait even longer ._.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #2,201 of 3,179
I think you may be reading the January email. He sent out a second email in the middle of February saying that things were delayed and "The good news is that I think all pre-orders should be done soon and we can start working on November orders by the end of next week."

This is consistent, as I know I have not received my DS yet, nor have other people who ordered on Nov 3rd. If you ordered on the 10th, then I would expect to wait until the end of March, perhaps April.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #2,202 of 3,179
I think you may be reading the January email. He sent out a second email in the middle of February saying that things were delayed and "The good news is that I think all pre-orders should be done soon and we can start working on November orders by the end of next week."

This is consistent, as I know I have not received my DS yet, nor have other people who ordered on Nov 3rd. If you ordered on the 10th, then I would expect to wait until the end of March, perhaps April.
Yeah exactly, the mail was from February 17th, so end of next week was the 3rd February week.
Anyways we will have to wait. Man those 16 weeks have been quite long tbh and having to wait even longer is a bit disappointing.

Well now somebody please give me some SS measurements. Please?

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #2,204 of 3,179

As someone still waiting on a pre-order, I can unfortunately confirm that not all pre-orders have been done yet either, that being said I think I was one of the very last pre-orders, I got mine in towards the end of October. I think he's been working on both regular orders and pre-orders in tandem too tho, as some of those have already started shipping out.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #2,205 of 3,179
So can we go back to talking about tungsten?

Now again: does anyone have measurements of the SS version? Resolve did the DS but no one did the SS or did I miss something?
Yeah exactly, the mail was from February 17th, so end of next week was the 3rd February week.
Anyways we will have to wait. Man those 16 weeks have been quite long tbh and having to wait even longer is a bit disappointing.

Well now somebody please give me some SS measurements. Please?
the only measurements that i have seen for the tungsten are @Resolve's. it seems that patience is a virtue where this headphone is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back