Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #1,877 of 3,104
When you choose a custom grille, do you specify exactly what you want in the comments at check out?

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #1,878 of 3,104
The universe tried to stop me with clever timing tricks, but managed to get it ordered on my phone on a moving escalator at the airport this morning 😁😁😁

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #1,879 of 3,104
When you choose a custom grille, do you specify exactly what you want in the comments at check out?
Yes. but now the email conformation from Modhouse has dissapeared so maybe I ain't in.

Paypal says payment gone so I dunno.

EDIT, found confirmation email and number so hope so. Will email Ryan I guess.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #1,880 of 3,104
Seriously, before I could complete entering my information, it was sold out.
Impossible to get. Kind of ridiculous.
Reminds me of Ebay bidding only to get outbid at the very last second.
This was my third try. I give up.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #1,881 of 3,104
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #1,882 of 3,104
Seriously, before I could complete entering my information, it was sold out.
Impossible to get. Kind of ridiculous.
Reminds me of Ebay bidding only to get outbid at the very last second.
This was my third try. I give up.
Its like trying to get Taylor Swift tickets.

So a friend told me.

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #1,883 of 3,104
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #1,885 of 3,104
The universe tried to stop me with clever timing tricks, but managed to get it ordered on my phone on a moving escalator at the airport this morning 😁😁😁
Amazing. The stars indeed aligned for you!

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #1,886 of 3,104
Well that was a spontaneous purchase. Yesterday evening I didn't plan on buying a Tungsten.Today I saw that today is a new order window and here we are...

I blame @Slackaveli for making me subconsciously prepare by looking at the Cerakote coating colors. :p

At first I thought about ordering Single Sided, but thanks to @goldwerger input I went with the Double Sided Version after all.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #1,888 of 3,104
I might've gotten incredibly lucky today after being few minutes late the last 2 times. Managed to snag a double sided tungsten 1 minute in :beerchug: (the key was to sign into paypal ahead of time and have the browser auto fill address).
Now I'll need to get an amp that can drive these bazookas. Has anyone tried the Flux Mentors and Schiit MJ3 side by side yet?

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #1,889 of 3,104
I was interested, but the value of the SS was too good to ignore when adding import and VAT.

The orders from Mimic are always open, so not sure how that works
Much less thrill of the chase when ordering from Mimic, and more like throwing your money into a hole and hoping that a magic gopher will eventually pop up with some Tungstens for you.
You place your order, PayPal informs you that you've made a payment, you get an auto-response email from Mimic that the order was placed, and then crickets, for months ...

I placed my order in November during Dallas CanJam and figure I've got a while to wait yet.
No updates from Mimic as to progress, but I periodically click the "View your order" link from the purchase email just to make sure their web services are still active :)

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #1,890 of 3,104
I was interested, but the value of the SS was too good to ignore when adding import and VAT.

The orders from Mimic are always open, so not sure how that works
I would prefer to purchase directly from the manufacturer. I also question how Mimic can fulfill orders.
Congrats to those few that got their order in.
It doesn't seem like a good business decision to have an ordering system that makes prospective buyers fall into categories of winners and losers when they just want to give you their $$$.
My lust for these will fade away like that of winning the lotto and having a trophy wife.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back