Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 21, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #1,801 of 2,941
Hi all,

Apparently the Tungsten runs well on the Cayin HA-3A and I was wondering which version would run best as the double sided driver version is more efficient than the single driver verison or do both versions run fine on this amp?
This seems to be another overblown myth. The delta between the two is very small.

Feb 21, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #1,802 of 2,941
This seems to be another overblown myth. The delta between the two is very small.
Having A-B'ed both versions a handful of times I can confirm this. I was barely changing the volume when swapping back and forth.

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #1,803 of 2,941
Having A-B'ed both versions a handful of times I can confirm this. I was barely changing the volume when swapping back and forth.
Which one do you prefer?

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #1,804 of 2,941
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #1,805 of 2,941
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #1,806 of 2,941

+1

I’ve had both for a couple of months at some point, and got pretty much same volume of same amps from both, difference is inconsequential.

I will probably go with the single sided driver based on the "fun factor" as I already have an LCD 4 & HEKSE for more clinical listening.

How does the resolution/detail aspect of the Tungsten hold up against other headphones?

You will find the Tubgsten far out performs the LCD4 in resolution and other technical aspects.

And the double tungsten outperforms the single, though both are rather similar and I enjoyed both (small differences noted plenty in thread which I’m guessing your caught up with; so just a matter of taste beyond)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #1,807 of 2,941
It also depends on how loud you listen too. Listening louder especially for Tungsten will require a lot more power than say 60-75Db listening
Im a 105db kinda guy

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,808 of 2,941
I purchased a tungsten headphone. Due to the FTA between Korea and the US, headphones manufactured in the US are exempt from tariffs. So, I emailed Mod House Audio on February 5th asking if they could provide documentation regarding the origin of the product. I haven't received a reply, so I emailed again last week, but still no response.

Is Ryan slow to respond?
He is pretty good at it considering, but, he is very very very buried in orders; totally swamped.

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #1,809 of 2,941
I purchased a tungsten headphone. Due to the FTA between Korea and the US, headphones manufactured in the US are exempt from tariffs. So, I emailed Mod House Audio on February 5th asking if they could provide documentation regarding the origin of the product. I haven't received a reply, so I emailed again last week, but still no response.

Is Ryan slow to respond?
He seems to be selective on what he responds to. Some emails will probably just never get a response. For the most part he seems to only respond to order related emails.

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #1,811 of 2,941
I noticed Wave Theory now has a copy of the Tungsten... will be interesting how he reviews it... he can be pretty critical at times... ( in a good way )
Wave Theory and ConvinceMeAudio are the only reviewers I trust

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #1,813 of 2,941
I noticed Wave Theory now has a copy of the Tungsten... will be interesting how he reviews it... he can be pretty critical at times... ( in a good way )
WaveTheory, GoldenSound, & BGGA are my go-to reviewers these days. Solid impartial, technical, & scientifically insightful reviews.

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #1,814 of 2,941
+1

I’ve had both for a couple of months at some point, and got pretty much same volume of same amps from both, difference is inconsequential.

You will find the Tubgsten far out performs the LCD4 in resolution and other technical aspects.

And the double tungsten outperforms the single, though both are rather similar and I enjoyed both (small differences noted plenty in thread which I’m guessing your caught up with; so just a matter of taste beyond)
Any chance you measure the SS vs the DS?

Feb 21, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #1,815 of 2,941

Users who are viewing this thread

Back