Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 16, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #1,756 of 2,920
a couple problems for Ryan... it takes time for the custom grill colors and even though he throttles the orders on his own site there is no such throttle on the mimic site... so when he gets orders in from mimic he has to further throttle down the orders on his own site to keep up with the demand... and that also makes the headphones from the modhouse site more rare as those are black bodies where the mimic body is grey... more grey orders than black orders.... hmmm

Feb 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #1,758 of 2,920
Hi all, was wondering if someone can verify this - according to ifi Headphone calc the ZEN CAN can easily drive the DS Tungsten, true?
yup. it works. Feeding the ZenCAN from a Mojo2 with 2.12V for a recliner setup. +18db gain on the amp. Around 85db is the limit (around 3 o clock on the volume pot) (measured with phone... take with a grain of salt but plenty loud for my personal listening level), after that it starts to distorts.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #1,759 of 2,920
a couple problems for Ryan... it takes time for the custom grill colors and even though he throttles the orders on his own site there is no such throttle on the mimic site... so when he gets orders in from mimic he has to further throttle down the orders on his own site to keep up with the demand... and that also makes the headphones from the modhouse site more rare as those are black bodies where the mimic body is grey... more grey orders than black orders.... hmmm
In that case Ryan, I assume but nobody really knows what arrangements he made with Mimic, he should probably throttle too the Mimic orders, unless that for contractual reasons he can't and maybe he's obligated to give priority to Mimics orders.

Tbh given how much grief I've been seeing on this thread, I guess I'm gonna wait till next year to try to order a pair of Tungsten's once FOMO and they hype train dies down a little and things are not so crazy hectic to the point that you have to become a speed run world champion on filling up an order on a website, maybe I will give it try on my birthday on june of this year to see if I can give a tungsten as a birthday gift for myself.

Feb 16, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,760 of 2,920
In that case Ryan, I assume but nobody really knows what arrangements he made with Mimic, he should probably throttle too the Mimic orders, unless that for contractual reasons he can't and maybe he's obligated to give priority to Mimics orders.

Tbh given how much grief I've been seeing on this thread, I guess I'm gonna wait till next year to try to order a pair of Tungsten's once FOMO and they hype train dies down a little and things are not so crazy hectic to the point that you have to become a speed run world champion on filling up an order on a website, maybe I will give it try on my birthday on june of this year to see if I can give a tungsten as a birthday gift for myself.
I’m tempted to wait for that too, however if we are to assume his limit is 30-50 a month, unless people just give up I think it will be a fight a long time to come yet.

One can assume the orders for the T60 Argon’s have gone up too. I did not really pay much attention to them until the Tungsten came to light. So that could delay him too. I mean $1900 for two outstanding headphones for their price.

But perhaps the Argon’s need to be either stopped or even less likely, offloaded to Fostex to do.

Feb 16, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #1,761 of 2,920
Someone will want to offload a pristine DS Tungsten in the classifieds one of these days... I hope... 😁
Sorry If It's been asked but if someone could give me a comparison between the Modhouse DS/SS and the He1000 Stealth I will be really greatfull.
Curious about a comparison with the Hekse myself, but a detailed stealth comparison would be nice too!

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #1,762 of 2,920
Someone will want to offload a pristine DS Tungsten in the classifieds one of these days... I hope... 😁

Curious about a comparison with the Hekse myself, but a detailed stealth comparison would be nice too!
Dammit i've been asking on the reviews on YouTube without answer and on some fb Page but It seems that Who was lucky to have the Tungsten has got only summit fi hp Guess we'll have to wait 😅

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #1,763 of 2,920
Sounds like it may be a long shot just to get an order in but had a question for those who have ordered one. Do you get charged in part or full upon ordering or do they wait until shipping?

Just asking because I'd love to try and order but I need to sell some gear to pay for it. If I'm not going to be charged until shipping that gives me plenty of time.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,764 of 2,920
Sounds like it may be a long shot just to get an order in but had a question for those who have ordered one. Do you get charged in part or full upon ordering or do they wait until shipping?

Just asking because I'd love to try and order but I need to sell some gear to pay for it. If I'm not going to be charged until shipping that gives me plenty of time.

Thanks!
I got charged in full, but I ordered through Mimic Audio, because I did not have a chance of getting an order in at any of Mod House's own "horse racing" buying portals, and I simply got tired of trying.

Feb 17, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #1,765 of 2,920

Thanks!
Charged in full immediately.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #1,766 of 2,920

Thanks!

Yep, just confirming also, you get charged the full amount at time of ordering at ModHouse directly.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #1,767 of 2,920
Thanks to those who confirmed this. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit to potentially order.

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #1,768 of 2,920
Sorry If It's been asked but if someone could give me a comparison between the Modhouse DS/SS and the He1000 Stealth I will be really greatfull.
I have the DS and HE1000 stealth and have been wanting to do a comparison. Let me see if I can get some time in this weekend

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #1,770 of 2,920
very quiet all of a sudden... I would think more people would be getting their phones... very little activity on youtubers also... its like everything stopped...
I've heard from Ryan that all is well and he's chugging along. Please everyone try not to sweat him too much- and when you must please be respectful and not aggressive with him. Let's not bombard him with suggestions about "scaling up" and what-not.

To be clear, not saying you are at all @Dixter , or that anyone is.
But let's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back