Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 15, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #1,741 of 3,105
Here are some photos! The color i got is pretty subdued. Hard to see but it color shifts from a blue to greenish color.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3026.jpeg
    IMG_3026.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 15, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #1,742 of 3,105
The end of Zeos’ review he had an owners pair with the new 9.2 version and they had smooth rod for the headphone adjustment?

Either that was changed back again or, again proof that is is not a million dollar backed product.

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,746 of 3,105
Mentioned it in a previous post. I was definitely frustrated with the wait time and delays but I reached out to Ryan a few times for updates and he was always responsive.

Despite the long wait, I am sure Ryan is doing his best to fulfill orders. I think this is just growing pains for a fairly new company. I've never run a business but I think any small business has to go through a period where they build up enough capital / revenue to support hiring people and transition to making batches of products rather than making them to order. This is just speculation on my part, I don't know Mod House's situation.

Anyway, all that is to say that I don't want to get into specifics about the date or how many weeks as I don't think it is fair to Ryan. We are all early adopters of a made to order item created by a one man operation. This isn't to call you or anyone else here out, as I was also frustrated.
Oh, man, imagine his emails.

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #1,747 of 3,105
Oh, man, imagine his emails.
Another thing about being a one man show, you have to do customer service as well, which is going to take time and you're going to have to deal with angry emails of dissatisfied clients

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #1,748 of 3,105
Feb 15, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #1,752 of 3,105
Anyway, all that is to say that I don't want to get into specifics about the date or how many weeks as I don't think it is fair to Ryan.
It's good info to have for us waiting for ours, though. And knowing your August order just got to you it's a little disheartening as the people who ordered in November haven't seen theirs yet, even though we got the email saying that's when we should expect them.

I signed up expecting the original 12 week wait and my 12 weeks have now gone. I'm supposedly getting mine in 2-3 weeks as per last month's email he sent to us but knowing he's still fulfilling August orders is crazy.

Edit: Ryan just emailed us again and will be working on November orders in about a week from now. Didn't give a new time estimate which I'm kinda okay with.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #1,753 of 3,105
For anyone wondering, Smoked Bronze is also nice, it shifts between this gold color in brighter light to the stock Tungsten "tungsten grey" color in lesser light.

smoked bronze grille resized.jpg
Might be my top choice.

Feb 16, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #1,754 of 3,105
How do we go about buying different grill colors? Is there an accessory order site somewhere? I already ordered by Tungsten via MimicAudio.

It’s bad enough you can’t even order the HP cause it’s sold out in a matter of 1 minute on ModHouse main site. How can anyone take time to customize their grill color?

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #1,755 of 3,105
How do we go about buying different grill colors? Is there an accessory order site somewhere? I already ordered by Tungsten via MimicAudio.

It’s bad enough you can’t even order the HP cause it’s sold out in a matter of 1 minute on ModHouse main site. How can anyone take time to customize their grill color?
I looked at them ahead of time and had my order copy/pasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back