Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 13, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #1,713 of 3,104
very quiet all of a sudden... I would think more people would be getting their phones... very little activity on youtubers also... its like everything stopped...
I am supposed to get my DS Tungsten tomorrow. I’ll post some initial impressions this weekend.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #1,716 of 3,104
I got my DS last week and ordered on Aug 13, so I’m guessing Nov orders aren’t shipping yet.

5 months, huh? Did you order directly from ModHouse or from Mimic?

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #1,720 of 3,104
Can different ear pads be mounted on the ear pad plates, or are the ear pads permanently fixed to the plates?
The Tungsten pads come glued to the backing plates. You could probably inquire about purchasing spare backing plates if you wanted to experiment with different pads though. You would probably want some not super sticky double-sided tape to test different pads that before permanently affixing a set to the plates though.

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #1,721 of 3,104
Apologies for the question, but did You order them on November 3rd or earlier? I'm trying to figure out if the Nov 3rd batch has started shipping :beyersmile:
Pre-ordered back in August directly from Modhouse.

I think Ryan has been overly optimistic on lead times. However, I had questions about my order and the crew at ModHouse was always super responsive.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #1,722 of 3,104
Is there any way to look at the custom colours before ordering? I want to check before joining the mad rush (I assume there still is one). I’ll just stick to the std if not as I don’t want to loose my place. Can always try again, but two weeks later means probably a two month delay.

Anyone know the shipping rates to the EU/UK? It’s a big old beast.

With taxes and a guessed shipping rate of $100 the SS are around £1600/$2000.

Not the same value as the US (minus your tax). But their sound is right up my street and I have the 3X GT to power them. But can’t help think a UK sourced alternative is more sensible in regard to faults etc. ZMF maybe but they are rare atm.

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #1,723 of 3,104
Is there any way to look at the custom colours before ordering? I want to check before joining the mad rush (I assume there still is one). I’ll just stick to the std if not as I don’t want to loose my place. Can always try again, but two weeks later means probably a two month delay.

Anyone know the shipping rates to the EU/UK? It’s a big old beast.
Shipping to uk is $60. Placed my order on a DS on 22/Dec and currently patiently waiting.

If I remember correctly, the latest online order got filled up in matters of minutes. So be prepared to act lighting fast.

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #1,724 of 3,104
Shipping to uk is $60. Placed my order on a DS on 22/Dec and currently patiently waiting.

If I remember correctly, the latest online order got filled up in matters of minutes. So be prepared to act lighting fast.
Thats cheaper than I was expecting.

At least PayPal, with phone in my hands for conformation is quite quick and 1Password to fill in the login lol

It’s a long wait but to support a literal one man band, that’s always going to be the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back