Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 6, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #1,623 of 3,179
Long time no use. Just try just now. Really impressive how it drive.
20240206_135218.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #1,624 of 3,179
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #1,625 of 3,179
Long time no use. Just try just now. Really impressive how it drive.
20240206_135218.jpg
Congratz mein fren.

Two questions, SS or DS version and what color are those grills just in case I get to buy a pair?

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #1,627 of 3,179
Thanks!!!

What make you decide the DS version over the SS?, was it availability?, sound characteristics? because it's not as hard to drive as the SS version?

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #1,628 of 3,179
Thanks!!!

What make you decide the DS version over the SS?, was it availability?, sound characteristics? because it's not as hard to drive as the SS version?
Is more smooth overall, better control than ss but bass is lesser impact like ss,more smooth treble and abit more easier to drive.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,630 of 3,179
Very interested in those.

Anyone know the waiting time to get some double sided ?

Once you are on the preorder list with Ryan at Modhouse directly, then it’s about 14 week lead time currently. However, he opens the order window with a small batch on specific days and they sell out within a minute. It used to be twice a month, but since Jan 26th, it’s fallen back to only being open once a month, with the next drop on Feb 23.

You can get on the preorder list at Mimic Audio, but the wait time seems to be a decent amount longer, with no real estimates.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #1,631 of 3,179
Once you are on the preorder list with Ryan at Modhouse directly, then it’s about 14 week lead time currently. However, he opens the order window with a small batch on specific days and they sell out within a minute. It used to be twice a month, but since Jan 26th, it’s fallen back to only being open once a month, with the next drop on Feb 23.

You can get on the preorder list at Mimic Audio, but the wait time seems to be a decent amount longer, with no real estimates.
Waaaaow .

Well, thanks for the answer. 3 months is a lot of time to wait for some cans.

Is there a logistical reason for that or it’s only to create some hype ?

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,632 of 3,179
Waaaaow .

Well, thanks for the answer. 3 months is a lot of time to wait for some cans.

Is there a logistical reason for that or it’s only to create some hype ?
It’s a one man job.

He builds the headphones by himself and can’t mass produce them.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #1,633 of 3,179
It’s a one man job.

He builds the headphones by himself and can’t mass produce them.
With a 14 weeks lead time, he might want to get an employee or two for a few months and get the money in, no !? I mean, if he can afford a gator case to ship those, I’m pretty sure he can get a kid to assemble some headband and wrap some cables.

Very weird.

Anyways, that’s his business…

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #1,634 of 3,179
With a 14 weeks lead time, he might want to get an employee or two for a few months and get the money in, no !? I mean, if he can afford a gator case to ship those, I’m pretty sure he can get a kid to assemble some headband and wrap some cables.

Very weird.

Anyways, that’s his business…
The individual parts themselves he's not all building from scratch. He gets the pads from ZMF, cables from Viking Weave, drivers from some guy, 3D prints some of the parts. He handles putting it together and doing the necessary modding and magnet stuff for it to sound the way it is supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back