mobile phone?
Apr 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A big part of my job is testing headphones and headsets related to all the handsets and such you could think of and my recommendation is as follows:....
Cheers and hope it helps someone
beerchug.gif

Hi Gamerphile. Could you give us your top 5 phones in terms of SQ?

I'm waiting to see what the new iPhone will be. In the meanwhile I need to replace my SE w810i. Something cheap and with a decent camera. Be nice if had reasonable sound. At the moment I'm thinking SE C510 or less likely the Samsung G600.

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Gamerphile. Could you give us your top 5 phones in terms of SQ?

I'm waiting to see what the new iPhone will be. In the meanwhile I need to replace my SE w810i. Something cheap and with a decent camera. Be nice if had reasonable sound. At the moment I'm thinking SE C510 or less likely the Samsung G600.

Well iPhone 3G is a safe bet with the new 3.0 software... Currently looking forward to testing that beta within the next week deeply (only had a glimps so far not all are working perfect).. So no promises on the BlueTooth stereo part but if remember to replace the crappy stock phones with a neat replacement thats iPhome compatible your pretty much getting it as good as it can be from a stock source with no amp. If they come with a new iPhone this summer I would bet it would be then top of the game - but there is always chances to go wrong for Apple
wink.gif

Also looking at a Nokia 5800 - currently havn't got it in my hands long enough to sway ether way thought.
Besides that? Hmmmm... Sony-Ericsson music edition never goes wrong thought I would still say they would differ in performance - the models are changing so quick however that I have little touch with what is both a decent handset and a good music box. I have a little project going in SQ that might help to a picture on excatly this. Getting paid to answer technically founded version of this quistion infact - love my job
beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
except you cant text anyone, which is absolutely unthinkable for a mobile phone to not have that functionality.

Go htc and don't look back.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I can text anyone I like; whats your number??

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #49 of 57
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #50 of 57
I own a Nokia N91,and it's great(big and heavy though,all metal).They don't make them any more,sadly.I listened to a friend's Nokia 5800 with my Etys,and sq wise it was every bit as good,with less hiss.

May 1, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysoberyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own a Nokia N91,and it's great(big and heavy though,all metal).They don't make them any more,sadly.I listened to a friend's Nokia 5800 with my Etys,and sq wise it was every bit as good,with less hiss.

5800 is good only with inears but with cans the volume is insufficient. N91 is probably the loudest phone i've ever heard. SQ is good but very far from being flat; bass is highly boosted treble is somewhat grainy but u'll not notice the graininess much with cans. Also n91 hisses a lot with inears.
As for other mobiles i've owned se 810i, k750,w550i,nokia5300,5310 &se k790i.Out of these only k750i sounded decent(only with older firmware). 810i was good but had very low volume.But still finally none of the mobiles come any close to stand alone players.In case if you want best possible good sounding phone get either k790i or k810i & flash them with different sound drivers(available on esato.com) using 'far manager'. U'll at least get a 'nano' sound.I did edit my w810i & was very pleased with the outcome; it had better bass than my touch 2g!!.
As for nokia offerings ,they sound pretty imbalanced & smudgy(the express series)
In case u want good\ok sound right out of the box get a w980i.

May 1, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by oyster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5800 is good only with inears but with cans the volume is insufficient. N91 is probably the loudest phone i've ever heard. SQ is good but very far from being flat; bass is highly boosted treble is somewhat grainy but u'll not notice the graininess much with cans. Also n91 hisses a lot with inears.
As for other mobiles i've owned se 810i, k750,w550i,nokia5300,5310 &se k790i.Out of these only k750i sounded decent(only with older firmware). 810i was good but had very low volume.But still finally none of the mobiles come any close to stand alone players.In case if you want best possible good sounding phone get either k790i or k810i & flash them with different sound drivers(available on esato.com) using 'far manager'. U'll at least get a 'nano' sound.I did edit my w810i & was very pleased with the outcome; it had better bass than my touch 2g!!.
As for nokia offerings ,they sound pretty imbalanced & smudgy(the express series)
In case u want good\ok sound right out of the box get a w980i.

I always thought the w810i sounded ok. Not as good as my a818 but then that it also has a bit of hiss too. My Touch doesn't. But the w810i sounds ok for casual listening. Has an impact on battery life though.

I see the w980i is going cheap now. Looks like a fun phone, decent sound. Only problem is a dire camera, no autofocus, lense in a funny position. I'd try one only its so similar to the w810i really. But then it has 8GB onboard and its cheap enough. I'm kinda looking for a better phone, better PDA/PIM/Calendar. I got a Sony C510 and didn't really like the buttons on it. Camera wasn't all that great either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back