mobile phone vs dedicated mp3 player
Jul 24, 2007 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

needanamp

100+ Head-Fier
does anybody not have a dedicated mp3 player, instead using theyre phone for their music?

are any phones regarded for their sound quality when used with headphones, and do most phones have a standard 3.5mm jack for my UE5 Pros to go into? If phones do match sound qualtiy wise, it would be a great option over flash players because you wouldnt need to carry both and many phones can have 2-4gb mem, which is plenty enough.

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 8
frommy experience most phones dont sound quite as good as dedicated mp3 players and most of them dont use 3.5mm jacks. You can get an adapter just about any phone to connect to regular headphones. I am really surprised at how good phones sound. They actually sound pretty decent. My nokia 6300 doesnt sound bad at all although it has too much background hiss on my etys. This is not a problem for my akg k501s though.

Jul 24, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Mobile phone usually don't have good sound quality.

Jul 25, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 8
my sony ericsson m600i with hpm-72 3.5mm adapter sounds much better than ipods.. not that the ipod is good, but several mobile phone model can sound quite good..

k800 wont sound as good as these, and the n73 ME has a good souns.

Jul 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 8
I've started using my W810i a bit. Sounds ok when you out in a noisy environment. I use the 3.5 adapter and use my own earphones though. Handy when you want to travel light. Transfer speeds are woeful. So use a card reader.

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 8
My Nokia 6233 is about same quality as an iPod Mini... fine if your listening out n about. However EQing - it does not distort one bit... even when pushed - so prob a little better.

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 8
i personally don't see a reason to have an mp3 phone. I have a Zen micro photo, and its fine by me. Plus I've heard that the sound quality is not up to par with a dedicated mp3 player....that and I like the 8 gig size. Just my view on it.

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 8
I also use a w810i and I have no complaints that are within reason. I even still use the stock IEMs (just ear canal phones, I suppose) that came with them. They don't sound all that bad after some EQage.

I have a dedicated mp3 player, but more often than not I just stick with the phone. Much more convenient, especially with the 4GB of storage it has, and the fact that I can do the transfers over my laptop's card reader rather than through USB.

The software that came with the phone is incredibly terrible though. It's a good thing it can read music files that you just drag and drop into the memory card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back