Mobile Amp for ATH-M50 and Possible AKG K702
Jun 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

musiclover66

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

New to the forums and just had a quick question. Sorry if this has been asked before...I couldn't find anything related.

I am new to the world of headphone amps. I currently have the [size=x-small] ATH-M50s and looking to get the AKG K702s. What mobile amp (listening to music on a mobile device) would you guys suggest for those headphones?[/size]

[size=x-small]Thanks.[/size]

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey everyone,

New to the forums and just had a quick question. Sorry if this has been asked before...I couldn't find anything related.

I am new to the world of headphone amps. I currently have the [size=x-small] ATH-M50s and looking to get the AKG K702s. What mobile amp (listening to music on a mobile device) would you guys suggest for those headphones?[/size]

[size=x-small]Thanks.[/size]

The only portable amp i've liked with the K702 is the Headroom Total Airhead. It drives it decently and it's also a good match for the M50.
The Fiio E17 also drives the Q701/K720 well but might not be a good match for the M50. I haven't tried it with the M50 though but the M50 doesn't need any more warmth from an amp IMO.

Q701 on mobile sources is kind of not really a good idea. Depends on the source I guess. Right now i'm using an Ipod Touch 2G + LOD cable to E17 and it's perfectly fine.

I'd also suggest the Q701 over the K702. It's a little warmer and fuller sounding.

You could also look into the Fiio E12..haven't heard that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back