MMmmmmmmm...it's Dungeness Crab Season *mouth watering pics*
Jul 6, 2007 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
July 4th 2007 Cought 5

July 5th 2005 Cought 3

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 70
Major Droolage. I like to dip the meat in melted butter and vinegar or just plain. Dungeness are so much better than Blue Claws- bigger and easier to get the meat out.

I should go diving for some.

Mitch

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 70
wow ... looks goooooood.

fresh caught crab .. enjoy that!

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 70
Wow nice.

I love dungeness crab!

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 70
Tonight's Dinner!

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 70
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 70
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mmmm pass the butter!

My favorite is to scrape the gutts out of the shell on a toasted baguette.

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #10 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks nice, but no droolage for me.
I ate up a dosen big maryland bluecrabs just an hour ago. hehe.

There's no better time to live in Maryland than in the summer for crab season! Even us minors who can't enjoy a beer with a parent yet still has a great time cracking open them softshells.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 70
Josh, you're killin' me. Next meet, you're bringing some. NYC may have brownies, but the NW will have Dungeoness.
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #14 of 70
we do it two ways mainly in norway (not commercial, just local folk)

1. go out very late at night, with a lantern; the crabs climb up on the rocks, shine the light on them, they freeze, pick them off (not as easy as it sounds; good rowing required
smily_headphones1.gif
)

2. pots: i have two plastic pots that pull apart, weighted with a rock at the bottom, use fish heads and the like strung up inside as bait; drop them down in a suitable place with a buoy, come back the next day

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #15 of 70
those "dunganess" look like the same ones we get in southern norway, i'm unsure of the norwegian name, but i think they're the same sort

the worst thing is that lots of folk throw away the best part: inside the body itself; just peal out the lungs and a few other parts, whip it up with some sauce on a slice of bread, awesome; only the blander claws and legs have i ever seen in a restaurant

btw: having a big gettogether outside, with a bunch of boiled crab, some white wine, and some good music, really can't beat it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back