Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar Amplifier
Jun 20, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #31 of 38
This amp has about 5 times the power of a standard dynalo and I can say with authority that it will definitely drive the he6 to painfully loud levels.

Don't know about the lcd4x because I don't own one of those. But 15 ohms should be no problem for this amplifier.

I'll be getting a modded HE-6 this week (LFF Code-6), this is going to be fun. The only other amp I've used the HE-6 with is the GS-X Mk2 though that was a stock HE-6, and the combo was great.

- EDIT: The amp seems to drive the HE-6 fine as expected. I typically have the volume at about 2 o'clock.

clnm6Ur.jpg

The detail retrieval, imaging, and mids are spectacular with this setup. Treble is not forward at all and mostly pretty clear but with some flaws (this is the Code-6, one of the mod's main goals was to tame the treble).

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #33 of 38
Feb 1, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #34 of 38
When using this with a DAC with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs, I immediately noticed a shocking difference in the sound quality. While the BiPolar will “convert” unbalanced source signals, its magic is in what it can do with a higher level differential signal. It is pure magic. Bar none, the best sounding headphone amplifier I have ever heard.

If Birgir were to release one with:
- A second pair of balanced differential inputs switched by an A/B source selector on the front
- An output selector switch that would choose between the balanced headphone outs and the XLR Pre-outs for driving an external amp
...I’d make a Pure BiPolar the Pre-Amp heart of my home system without hesitating!
So does that mean that this is not a good amp to pair with the CHORD DAVE since the DAVE does not have balanced output??

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #36 of 38
This Mjolnir amp is very intriguing. Has anyone ever seen specs or measurements for it that they can share? The blurb on the website seems to be all I can find on the amp.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #37 of 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back