Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Jul 14, 2011 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 205

atecivan

Member of the Trade: Miu-Audio
After our MR2-PRO give away campaign, we are giving out our headphone amplifier DIY Kit.  This is one of our most popular products recently.  It is our entry grade, small, easy to assembly and fun product.  Please visit: http://www.miu-tech.com/headamp-kit.html for the product details.

You must be 100+ head-Fi'er or higher to be qualified to enter this campaign.  In order to make sure winner is able to built this amplifier, we hope you are a DIYer to enter this campaign.  Thus, a brief DIY experience discription will help you win the product.  In other words, winners are not in first come first serve basis.

Terms: - All winners has to built the amplifier on their own knowledge.  Only basic technical support might provide upon request.
           - No replacement parts will be provided for free
           - Kits are giving out for free.  We do not guarantee proper operation of the amplifier after assembling.
           - There are 3 kinds of amplifications (10 each) in this campaign, kits are sending out to winner by random.

This might be our last giving out, so, do take this chance to try out our product.  Good luck in the campaign.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 205

Quote:
After our MR2-PRO give away campaign, we are giving out our headphone amplifier DIY Kit.  This is one of our most popular products recently.  It is our entry grade, small, easy to assembly and fun product.  Please visit: http://www.miu-tech.com/headamp-kit.html for the product details.

You must be 100+ head-Fi'er or higher to be qualified to enter this campaign.  In order to make sure winner is able to built this amplifier, we hope you are a DIYer to enter this campaign.  Thus, a brief DIY experience discription will help you win the product.  In other words, winners are not in first come first serve basis.

Terms: - All winners has to built the amplifier on their own knowledge.  Only basic technical support might provide upon request.
           - No replacement parts will be provided for free
           - Kits are giving out for free.  We do not guarantee proper operation of the amplifier after assembling.
           - There are 3 kinds of amplifications (10 each) in this campaign, kits are sending out to winner by random.

This might be our last giving out, so, do take this chance to try out our product.  Good luck in the campaign.

Do we post here? I've built a Mini3 and restored my old receiver (And recabled a ton of headphones, but I don't know if that counts because that's pretty simple for most headphones) I think I have enough knowledge to make this seemingly simple product.
biggrin.gif

Many thanks! What are the different types?

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 205
I'm in if you find me acceptable. I'm very capable of soldering and assembly, have a temp controlled iron etc. Can repair IEMs, amps etc. and solder almost daily. Would prefer the most complex unit and could assemble quickly. Have some Ipod Touches with lod etc. to test with. I gave my Mui IEMs to a freind who is extremely happy with them. He thanks you.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 205
I'm in for it! I don't know if I qualify, I've fixed a broken cassette player by replacing and re soldiering a tape head. I've also built simple circuits before and I follow directions well. Always willing to learn as well! Was actually going to build a CMOY recently but got sidetracked. Anyway things for this offer and grats to anyone who wins!

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 205
fixed various bits around the house, recabled quite a few times, changed parts on a Cmoy and fixed the headphone socket on a sansa clip+... Would love a project to work on, i was going to buy a cmoy kit when i have the money, but now this competition showed up. I love working with the soldering iron, just dont have anything to solder at the moment. Great giveaway MIU, good luck to everyone. Is there a closing date?

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 205
This sounds like a fun project, I would like to participate. 

If you are running near your capacity for kits please feel free to skip me. 

Ya, Im an experienced DIYer.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 205
Cool offering.  My DIY experience includes my stereo speakers and a 6-channel amp for center and surround speakers.  It uses the LM4886 chip amp.  My EE degree is what got me so interested in exploring the world of DIY audio.

I have a pair of 1964-D IEMs on the way.  Fun to try against the JH3A when it gets here.

Also, I think I'll build the housing with this guy.
http://www.fortus.com/Fortus360mc.aspx

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #9 of 205
I'm in (hopefully).  I've built and upgraded my desktop PC several times and recently repaired my Shure e2c iems.  I first expressed interest in a similar kit last year http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/504076/a-candy-box-size-amp .  If I'm not part of the giveaway, I'll try to buy one.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #10 of 205
Soldering iron hot and ready!!
high quality 4% silver solder ready!!
Several tin casings of different sizes are awaiting and..  READY!!
I AM READY!!

Back in highscool I was a soldering/electronics prodigy, I found myself helping teachers instruct other students in soldering and PCB work.

I however, took the bio-science path. My sudden interest in the audio hobby has led me back here and I'm looking forward to another DiY work from Miu!!!

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 205
I've re-cabled all three of my headphones I own (M50, MS1000, DT880), have rewired a 5 channel receiver from not working to working, built a c-moy as my first "true" amp, fixed and installed pickups + booster in a friends Epiphone. Rebuilt a sub that is used to drive my computer speakers, had to basically replace everything except 2 wires in it.

Thanks for doing this for the community, I would be glad to help.

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #13 of 205
I've built a cmoy (non-kit), done some modifications to an indeed hybrid amp, can read a schematic most of the time, recapped an old stereo, managed some fine pcb soldering to fix a video card, and of course recabled before.  I've never built a kit,  but I assume I'd be capable enough and would love the opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back