Missing Pics in the "How to make a interconnect Step by Step With Pics"
Oct 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DrewWaits

New Head-Fier
Firstly, the thread in question is this.
Secondly, I realize the post is rather antiquated but I was hoping since the site was switched to new server on Aug. 19 that there would possibly be backups of the thread. I realize there are newer threads regarding this, but I like the layout and the step wise format of this thread, and there should be pictures. If you can find them, great. If you can't, thanks anyway :).

Also, I am new to the whole support side of this site, so if this isn't the correct place to make this sort of request, please enlighten me. 

Thanks so much,
Drew Waits

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 7
What kind of interconnect are you wanting to make? e.g. 3.5mm -> dual RCA? Let me know and I should be able to help you out.

Also, you could post this in the DIY section, most DIYers here wouldn't mind helping a newbie, or in the thread below (tons of help there).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread/2610#post_10934314

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 7
  Firstly, the thread in question is this.
Secondly, I realize the post is rather antiquated but I was hoping since the site was switched to new server on Aug. 19 that there would possibly be backups of the thread. I realize there are newer threads regarding this, but I like the layout and the step wise format of this thread, and there should be pictures. If you can find them, great. If you can't, thanks anyway :).

Also, I am new to the whole support side of this site, so if this isn't the correct place to make this sort of request, please enlighten me. 

Thanks so much,
Drew Waits

It has nothing to do with HF. Just that the original website that hosted those pictures has deleted those pictures (and by the look of it, probably the domain has been acquired by a third party long time ago).

The pictures that you can still see are hosted separately on photobucket, thus they are still available.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 7
I had feared that it was a third party issue, I should have known that it was third party picture hosting. I hadn't intended on using this thread to garner actual advice on the topic, simply ask about the pictures but since you offered 
biggrin.gif
:

I have been looking online for a 3-4 inch 3.5mm cable to facilitate my mobile DAC (Ibasso D2-Boa) to player (Sansa Clip+) connection and I have been pulling no middle ground between a 6 inch and the point to point 1 inch (which are not much more than two terminated 3.5mm soldered together at the ends). Maybe I have done the guestimation incorrectly and I really need a 6 inch, but I was hoping I could have next to no slack in it and that would be better, or possibly that is not the best and zip-tying the slack to the DAC is preferable in practice.

So the question is, do I need a cable longer than 3 inches? And given that it is going to be in my pocket, will I need more low profile 3.5mm connectors. 

Sansa:

Specs & Dimensions

Ibasso:

Specs & Dimensions

Also I want to make a 6.5 to 3.5 cable to go from the Schiit Magni/Modi setup I'll be getting soon for my V-MODA M-80s.

Overall, I just want to pick up a new skill (soldering) and make some usefull cables for my audio needs. 

Thanks for your help, friend.

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 7
I think 3 inches will be fine if you're using straight connectors, but I think you should use right angled ones if you're going to be keeping it in your pocket, and in that case you could make it a little shorter if you wanted. 

Like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutrik-NTP3RC-B-3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Right-Angle-Plug-Gold-Contacts-Black-Case-/230762393596

3.5-3.5 is pretty straight forward, just make sure each wire is connected to the same point on both connectors. 

3.5mm and 1/4th connectors are basically the same when it comes to soldering, tip-tip, ring-ring, ground-ground. 

If there are specific connectors you want to use, add pictures and I will edit them showing you what to connect to what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back