Missing my baby
Jan 25, 2006 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
So the power supply for my micro amp from headroom kicked the bucket last saturday. since then ive been plugging directly into the headphone out of my a2zs soundcard and i just cant listen to music. bass is nuts and bloated, mids are recessed, highs are painful..

bring me my psu fastttt plz.

head room i.d.'d the problem over the phone and immediately sent me a new psu. im dying for it to get here.

if anyone is wondering whether they should by an amp or not... now that i dont have mine for a few days the answer is a DEFINATE YES! buy it, oh dear god for the sake of your ears, but it.

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 14
I feel ya. I just had to send my Hornet back to Ray for repair. I miss it...
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 14
Yup. Running ampless right now (sold off my PA2V2), and I've barely listened to any music the whole time. Can't wait until my new PIMETA gets here. An amp is wholly worth it.

Jan 25, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 14
You think that's bad? I'm stuck listening to ibuds of an ipod I can't use for the next 24 hours. I have an amp, but not home phones to hook them up to. Not to mention I was physically beaten with triports by an angry polar bear. I guess asking him why he's a sell-out gets on his nerves.

And uh . . add an *a* to your title and you have a selena song.

Jan 25, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 14
My receiver (okay it was better than nothing) crapped out the other day and I have been going straight from my 710. This is really depressing. Though my receiver was on its last leg for a while, so this actually has more detail straight from the line out. I miss my bass
basshead.gif
mad.gif
. Cant wait for my v4 to come.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
read my sig, imagine all that going down in one day? knock on wood!!!!
orphsmile.gif

Yup, it's called a power spike and you're gonna cry like a baby...
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Yup, it's called a power spike and you're gonna cry like a baby...
biggrin.gif

Oh trust me I thought of this...sure If worse comes to worse My main setup will be gone maybe even the cans hooked in but that still leaves me with my portable cdp's I have and the sr-71 with every other can just in case.
I have back up 9volts on hand, and I keep the rs-1's around cause they can easily sound good out of a portable with no amp.

still then I have back up ht receivers, cdp/dvdp's, back up music, and worse comes to worse I will fill my tank and drive to Todd's house and raid it..lol

LOL LOL

KNOCK ON WOOD!! really

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
KNOCK ON WOOD!! really

Yeah, I can think of a few other possibilities but I don't want to go on for fear I'd jinx you. I don't need the Chicago mafia coming down here looking for me!
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #10 of 14
2 Duracell 9Vs won't tide you over?

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #11 of 14
Dang, I feel for the lot of ya. My Mu's left channel went out, probably due to a resistor blowing out, but I can never be to sure, so I sent it off to Zemo, I sure hope he can fix it, cause I love that little amp! I bet I'll love it even more when I can get some upgraded opamps for it and finally an arrival for the HD600 grilles I ordered (not in plat'num, not that kind of grille
eggosmile.gif
)
But yeah, ampless sucks sometimes...

580smile.gif
Abe

Jan 25, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 14
I sold off my amps to raise cash for my new singlepower mpx...it's been almost 4 weeks since I ordered it...I can't take it much longer...

Jan 25, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #14 of 14
This is what backup cmoys are for
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back