Miss the sound of my eggos
Sep 3, 2005 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

South_Korean

1000+ Head-Fier
when i listen to my HD212's, i always remember what the eggos sounded like compared to these. i remember i liked the neutral sound for some reason. but i still couldnt live without the bass. even though i didnt enjoy the fact that the eggos werent as bass heavy as my 212's i still used them. they sounded quite good with classical and i also enjoyed them with classic rock. for most of the songs i listen to for rap, the bass was so strong it distorted the rest of the sound. i dont know why because the rest of the songs' bass didn't distort at all. like for example, the song, how to make a girl feel, by Tierra Marie; the bass in the song was so over powering that all i could hear was distortion, but with the song Dirt off your shoulders by Jay-Z, the booming bass came out very clear and almost detailed.
i loved the fit of these cans. they were so small yet so perfect for my ears. i could hear so much more with these compared to the 212's. for example, in the song la la la by Jay-Z i could hear the instruments used at the beginning of the song echo. im sure it was supposed to because it sounded like it was supposed to be there. teh detail man! i guess i now see the difference between veiled sound and not-veiled sound, laid-back sound to not-laid-back sound and sweaty supra-aural earpads to circum-aural headphones.

not that im looking to buy at the moment, but i think this is the most detailed post i have made about my experience with these cans. is there a pair of cans out there, that could possible have the detail and more forward sound than the senns but with bass in larger quantities? so i guess im looking for headphones that is a cross between the eggos and the 212's.

Sep 3, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 9
haha maybe i do. i dont know if the SA1's will suit the needs that i stated above. actually i havent read any reviews on them. i dont think ill bother with the A500's anymore since people say it isnt worth it if i have the XD400's alredy.

Sep 3, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 9
I recommend the Senn HD590. They're bass monsters
basshead.gif

Very detailed and forward as well. A lot of people here don't like them since the mids are recessed, and unfortunatly I listen to mostly rock so thats why I sold them. I sold them for $160 (the only headphones I've ever made a profit on
eek.gif
) on ebay, you can usually find them for around $100 here.

Sep 4, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 9
meh, im not interested in the scooped mids. unless an amp could bring them out?

Sep 4, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #6 of 9
What I really liked about the eggos was that they had great mids! Have you considered trying some open phones? -bass is so much more enjoyable to my ears! I've gotten out of the "closed" phones phase I think, I am really enjoying my sr60's and senn 595's, although I really miss the comfort, portability, and isolation of the eggos
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 9
Geez, I'm glad I ordered eggos this week! Got the 66's from Minidisco. Can't wait until they get here. Listening on my weak, buzzy Senn MX550 at the moment.

It's quarter after 3 a.m. My son (age 5) wanted to "camp" in the living room tonight, so he's sleeping (in a tent) in the middle of the room, but I can't get to sleep because our maniac hamster has been running on his wheel since 11:30! No wonder hamsters don't get fat.

D.

Sep 4, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 9
Meh, I do enjoy the sound of my Eggos, but like South Korean (I got these from him), a tad too shy of bass. Also, these cans aren't suited well for portable situations, since it has almost no isolation at all. Gonna try the bass mod tonight though. Should convince me to keep these cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back