Misconception of "neutral / accurate"
May 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #287 of 292
You are all right.  I have a bias.  A heavy one.  A heavy bias against expectation bias (i.e. taking price as an indicator of performance) and agaist placebo (i.e. saying that something has "10% more detail" simply because you tell yourself it is so).  No matter how wealthy or poor you are, you still suffer from cognitive biases of this sort.  If it is all subjective and relative, then you might get "10% more detail" [wth does this mean anyway?!  Yet another meaningless statement that flies below the radar of idiocy that characterizes many of these discussions]  with the application of $0.10, $100.00 or $100,000, and therefore that line of conversation becomes non-sensical, absurd, trivial.

May 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #288 of 292
You are all right.  I have a bias.  A heavy one.  A heavy bias against expectation bias (i.e. taking price as an indicator of performance) and agaist placebo (i.e. saying that something has "10% more detail" simply because you tell yourself it is so).  No matter how wealthy or poor you are, you still suffer from cognitive biases of this sort.  If it is all subjective and relative, then you might get "10% more detail" [wth does this mean anyway?!  Yet another meaningless statement that flies below the radar of idiocy that characterizes many of these discussions]  with the application of $0.10, $100.00 or $100,000, and therefore that line of conversation becomes non-sensical, absurd, trivial.

Good, then you're done talking? Because listening to you blather about how everyone (except you) is deluded is getting tiresome. I'm one of the most grounded people on this forum, which you've ignored because you're too busy foaming at the mouth, and am an advocate of ABX testing and scientific explanation. However, your venomous, droning diatribes actually make me want to side with the audiophile/snake oil people. :deadhorse:

May 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #289 of 292
I don't need to listen to his pointless rambling, I bought a pair of stones to put on top of my PSB rig just last week and ever since havn't looked back.  Their soundstage totally transformed.  It's amazing what channeling the speaker vibrations out to make the imaging more coherent can actually do for realism.

May 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #290 of 292
I don't need to listen to his pointless rambling, I bought a pair of stones to put on top of my PSB rig just last week and ever since havn't looked back.  Their soundstage totally transformed.  It's amazing what channeling the speaker vibrations out to make the imaging more coherent can actually do for realism.

I use crystal pony figurines, but they do the same thing.

May 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #291 of 292
LOL Guys

But Seriously... If placebo makes one happy then theres nothing wrong with that too :) Anything goes in this hobby as long as we end up happy really. If we have more money then we can even try more things to achieve more happiness. It doesn't really matter if we hit or miss with certain things when cost is no object.

May 3, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #292 of 292
We've headed off-topic and are heading towards the usual personal attacks, so I'm going to stop things here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back