MINT regulator options (wall powered)
Aug 27, 2005 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Pars

Can Jam '10 Organizer
I have a MINT that I built sometime ago and converted to wall power via a linear regulated +/- 12V Elpac and put in a Hammond (pics in the amps sticky at the top).

Because I had room and wanted to mess around with it a bit, I built a board on some protoboard and put 4 1000uf Muse caps on it (two per rail) just to see if it improved things or not. I coudn't tell any difference so I disabled them. I am thinking about removing them and building some type of regulator (both pos and neg, since I don't use the railsplitter) and was thinking about building some Jung Super regulators (I know... massive overkill
icon10.gif
). Or would I be better off just doing an LM317/337 or something like that?

Because I use an AD8620 in the amp, I would like to lower the voltage some anyhow (+/- 9-10V) as a safety margin, as well as protect myself in case I mistakenly plug in one of the WM071 Elpacs I have laying around (+/- 15V... which would let the magic smoke out of the AD8620 quickly).

Any thoughts/pointers? If I did a Jung pos/neg, I would probably just custom etch (home) a board, so pointers to Eagle files, etc. for any regulator boards would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back