Wrhawk
Tiberian
PTheD
IPodPhile
Oneeyedhobbit
Tai chi dude
IGNGcubeman
(and me--I hope I didn't miss anyone)

Also it will be interesting to see what the ASM guys contribute. These guys seem pretty hardcore.
k1000smile.gif

I can't wait! See you all there.

Edit: My SA5000s just came in the mail so guess I'm bringing them too!

May 20, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #48 of 58
I have a question for everyone that would like to answear it. What should I bring of my stuff. I have nothing of high end Head-Fi land, but I do have some well known and widely owned headphones as well as many inexpensive headphones. Should I bring everything I have? Should I not bring my Sony EX71SL because they are the Head-Fi demons of sound or should I leave my Sennheiser MX500s behind because they are also well known and everyone has herd them. I think that it would be worth while to bring everthing I own because a lot of people most likely haven't herd some of it and would be interested in it, but what do you all think. You can see some of the headphones (most of them actualy) that I own in my profile.

May 20, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #49 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
I have a question for everyone that would like to answear it. What should I bring of my stuff. I have nothing of high end Head-Fi land, but I do have some well known and widely owned headphones as well as many inexpensive headphones. Should I bring everything I have? Should I not bring my Sony EX71SL because they are the Head-Fi demons of sound or should I leave my Sennheiser MX500s behind because they are also well known and everyone has herd them. I think that it would be worth while to bring everthing I own because a lot of people most likely haven't herd some of it and would be interested in it, but what do you all think. You can see some of the headphones (most of them actualy) that I own in my profile.

Let me try to answer your question in one way by telling you what I am bringing: my regular evening listening setup, complete, and some "classic" cans. The evening setup in a pair of Zued HD650s sourced by an Arcam FMJ 21T playing through Nordost ribbon interconnects to an Audio Valve RKV Mk. II (with an Impedanzer along for the low impedance cans). The other headphones are sets of Sony CD3Ks, AT W1000, Cardased Senn HD600s, and AKG K1000s. This should provide a good mix of mainline old HiFi stuff to listen to and compare. This is also how much stuff I can bring and keep track of and not take too much of the available table space. Bring what you like and what you listen to and what you think others would find interest in.

EDIT: I just got done packing and am throwing in a pair of LAT International's top-of-the-line copper dredged-and-swedged in silver interconnects for mix-and-match.
600smile.gif

May 21, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #50 of 58
count the naim-head noob in. i unfortunately will not be bringing my G-Lite as it arrived earlier in the week and my sr225s only today (actually my dealer accidently sent me 2 pairs for the price of one) - i don't think that either will be remotely close to burning in/opening up by Sun. to be of interest to anyone.

PACE,
Corey

p.s. i will return the extra pair of sr225 to my very excellent dealer....honest.

May 21, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #51 of 58
This is going to be an excellent opportunity to listen to various headphones, solid state and tube amps, digital sources, and even interconnects. If you are planning to do any critical comparisons, please do not forget to bring along several well recorded CDs that you are intimately familiar with.

See what other Head-Fiers are using; their applications and innovations may well help you with your own problems. Bring anything you are interested in selling and some cash for something you may need more than its present owner does. Never hurts to ask!
biggrin.gif

If you wonder how a beefy amp will help your headphones, please remember to bring the headphones you have the question about. There is often a pretty dramatic difference, and you get to find out about it for free tomorrow.

Remember Tyll has additional swag for Head-Fi contributors; PM your contribution to Jude so that he can get you listed. I invited Jude to our meet a couple of weeks ago, but have reveived no response from him to date. I think I can speak for all of us in saying Jude would be most welcome even without all of his contributions to Head-Fi, from which we have all benefited.

And finally, Head-Fi, ASM, HeadRoom, the Pavek, and I cannot be responsible for your equipment. Plan to keep your own eyes on whatever you bring along. Please respect the generosity of HeadRoom, ASM, the Pavek, and your fellow Head-Fiers and treat their private property with the utmost care and respect. We are their guests. We want to have a good time and set the stage for more good meets.
wink.gif

May 21, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
And finally, Head-Fi, ASM, HeadRoom, and I cannot be responsible for your equipment. Plan to keep your own eyes on whatever you bring along. Please respect the generosity of HeadRoom, ASM, the Pavek, and your fellow Head-Fiers and treat their private property with the utmost care and respect. We want to have a good time and set the stage for more good meets.

I would like to be the first to say, here here. I second that motion & pledge myself to act in a way that is civil, legel & most of all benificial to the Head-Fi community both as a whole & as a local group here around the Twin Citys.

May 21, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #53 of 58
I forgot to mention, I will be bringing my father along with me. He is not a member of Head-Fi, but is a fan of just about all stereo equipment & PC stuff. Electrical engineer kind of hobbys are his thing (cause he is one
eek.gif
) so I thought I would bring him along.

Apr 15, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #55 of 58
Kissell was excited for last years meet wasn't he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back