MINNESOTA MEET! - Sunday, May 22, 2005
Mar 26, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #31 of 58
I just stumbled upon this thread and I am so excited! I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, especially the Headroom crew. Although, if they are there with all of their gear for sale I might have to leave my wallet in the car. Just kidding...I might just have to put off my upGRADOits until the 22nd. Thanks a lot Old Pa for getting this set up! Although, all I have to bring as of now, are my SR60s and an iPod, which I am sure will be in abundance. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #32 of 58
Tyll, now you decide to come back to Minnesota. I was a member of the ASM and I showed up at the hotel in Roseville for the WOH and you were not there. I have now moved to the Salt Lake area since the begining of the year. Are you comming anywhere close to SLC this year? You might remember me. I used to sell a lot of CD-3400's to people who bought Headroom amps about 10 years ago. Hey, my Headroom Supreme needs a tune up or an upgrade. Any help?

Apr 12, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #33 of 58
I wanted to announce this here first:

HeadRoom WILL be bringng our entirely new product line to this meet.

Apr 12, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #34 of 58
Wow, hadn't noticed this thread til now. Definitely interested--I may be living up in Minneapolis this summer, or down in SW MN. Either way, entirely interested.

Apr 12, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
HeadRoom WILL be bringng our entirely new product line to this meet.

I hope you will be bringing enough headphones/amps/sources for everyone.
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #36 of 58
Well, we have a fair few number of cans around here and I'll bring a bunch, and there are eight new amps in the line, with plans for a few more. I'd guess, at the moment, that 2/3 of the amps I bring will be in production and the rest will be pre-production units. I'll try to bring along a couple of copies each of the production units, maybe with various option configurations.

But don't let me discourage others from bringine a bunch of stuff, too. I won't be bringing too many sources and they'll be pretty tied up with all the amps. I'll see if we can cobble together a couple of distribution amps so we can hook up amps to the same sources to compare apples to apples. We won't be bringing the big cases so everthing will have to be set up on tables, but I will bring along a bunch of folding tables in case we need them.

This is going to be fun!

Apr 19, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #38 of 58
I'm a newbie here, but totally addicted. I'd like to come to the meet. Do I need to sign-up, is there a fee, or just show up? I want to upgrade from my 30 year old Senn 414. I'm considering Grado325i, Senn 650, maybe RS1. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #39 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tai chi dude
I'm a newbie here, but totally addicted. I'd like to come to the meet. Do I need to sign-up, is there a fee, or just show up? I want to upgrade from my 30 year old Senn 414. I'm considering Grado325i, Senn 650, maybe RS1. Thanks.

No sign up and no fee ( other than that after you hear some of the kit you will want your own - sorry about your wallet
icon10.gif
) Just show up, meet some new friends, and have a good time.

Apr 21, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #40 of 58
I've since discarded my previous engagements. The anticipation builds. Now, to get my contribution in to score points with Tyll
tongue.gif

May 9, 2005 at 12:44 PM Post #43 of 58
Hopefully everybody is keeping track of my boddy Tyll's preparations for our listening pleasures here:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...5&page=5&pp=15

[size=xx-large]WOOT![/size]

This is going to be an unbelievable opportunity for you to hear cans, amps, and sources in one place. Don't forget to bring some CDs of familiar music you know and love so as to best compare the hardware.

May 9, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #44 of 58
I can't wait for this too take place. I will be bringing some of my headphones, including what I think could content for worst aftermarket headphones in the world, the Maxell EB425. You people just have to hear these things...they are so bad that I don't even know where to start, I can't explain them at all they are just so bad. I look forward to getting some other Head-Fiers opinions on the because I just can't place everything about them that is bad, they are just to bad to tell for me. Don't worry though, I'll bring some good cans too, don't want too much crap, eh.

May 9, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #45 of 58
frown.gif
plainface.gif
frown.gif
These comments aren't helping me get over how I won't be able to attend the biggest and best Minnesota Head-Fi meet in history (and potentially the last one of this size). Oh well, when I get back home I have a new pair of speakers to look for forward too.
smily_headphones1.gif
And if everyone has the time of their life I may just have to also splurge and get a new turntable too
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
(they're sold at the same store as the speakers, but I haven't budgeted to buy one until July, and it doesn't help that I just auditioned my uncle's TT, an earlier version of the one I plan to buy, and liked it alot.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back