MINNESOTA MEET! - Sunday, May 22, 2005
Feb 24, 2005 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
We will be staging the first Minnesota HeadFi meet, in conjunction with the Minnesota Audio Society (ASM) and the Pavek Broadcasting Museum, starting at 1300hrs on Sunday, May 22, 2005. Tyll/HeadRoom will be joining us with a selection of goodies and we will have room for HeadFi members who wish to bring and demonstrate their own equipment. Other dealers and manufacturers may contact me by PM to arrange participation. PLEASE NOTE: participants will be solely responsible for any equipment they bring to the meet. I will be handling the admin side for HeadFi and the coordinating side with the other participating entities. For HeadFi, we will keep up to date through this thread.

This looks to be an excellent meet! See you there!

Feb 24, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 58
I'm soooo there.

Thanks Old Pa!

Let me know if I can help you with anything from my remote super secret southern location!

ok,
erix

Feb 24, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 58
Very Cool - count me WAY IN.

Looking forward to hearing more details as they develop.

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 58
I can't tell you how excited I am about coming out to Minnisota. Last time there on the World of Headphones Tour I screwed up and confused the arrival date, and since I've been wanting to make it up to you guys. So, I am VERY happy to be coming out there for a make-up mini tour. I promise lots of interesting stuff and a whole lot of headphones, but, to be truthfull, I've got to spend a bit of time pitching the visit here internally to see how much I can convince people to get their dander up about the trip.

I bought a travel trailor recently for my family, and I'm willing to loan it to HeadRoom to haul a bunch of us to a meet or two. So, I've got to talk to all the folks around the shop to see who's willing to give up a week of their lives for a trip to the Land 'O Lakes. I'm sure things will develop.

And THANKS, Old Pa, for keeping that Swedish Bikini team on ice for the past three years waiting for my return. I'm sure they've kept you very busy.

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
And THANKS, Old Pa, for keeping that Swedish Bikini team on ice for the past three years waiting for my return. I'm sure they've kept you very busy.

Just gotta keep pushin' fluids.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
isnt MN about 9 hours from chicago?

Yup. If you want to start arrainging a meet for Saturday, I'll be there. I have to leave by 4PM though.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
isnt MN about 9 hours from chicago?

Less than seven hours, if you keep your foot in it and avoid the uniformed revenue collectors. But wouldn't it be more convenient for me just to send Tyll down to you?
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #9 of 58
As usual, things are already getting out of hand. I've looked around for someone to blame and ... it's me. This thing is turning into a mini-WOH tour. I'll be visiting Detroit, Chicago and Minniapolis on three consecutive days. The thing the bugs me is that because MN is on a Sunday they will be the last stop. So technically I'm breaking my word about you guys being the next place I visit, sorry. But Old Pa did get me off my butt and out of the house for the trip, so we've got him to thank.

I'll be talking to the folks at the shop today to see how many people I can drag along on the trip, but Joe W. does live in Michigan and since we're traveling to Detroit we would be able to stop by his folks place. That may be more than he can resist. Andrew (who shoots the photos and is also my son) is likely to be able to be freed up to take pix and videos of the events. Jamey is usually up for adventure, and he used to be a roady so he knows the drill. We'll see...it should be fun.

Feb 25, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

The thing the bugs me is that because MN is on a Sunday they will be the last stop. So technically I'm breaking my word about you guys being the next place I visit, sorry.

If you bring free tee shirts and other goodies for the Minnesota HeadFiers all will be forgiven.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 58
Oh my God! It's friggen extortion! OK, Free coffee cups and stickers, and t-shirts are 75% off sticker price for the CheeseHeads. Chicago and Detroit get free stickers; coffee cups at half off, but a free coffee cup with t-shirt at half off.

However! Anyone who comes to the show as a current contributing member to Head-Fi gets free stickers, and coffee cup, AND t-shirt!

Yeah! Doing my duty MY way!

Feb 26, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #12 of 58
Quote:

Oh my God! It's friggen extortion! OK, Free coffee cups and stickers, and t-shirts are 75% off sticker price for the CheeseHeads. Chicago and Detroit get free stickers; coffee cups at half off, but a free coffee cup with t-shirt at half off.

However! Anyone who comes to the show as a current contributing member to Head-Fi gets free stickers, and coffee cup, AND t-shirt!

Yeah! Doing my duty MY way!

Who you callin' Cheeseheads? I don't see any stops in Wisconsin on your list. This is Viking country!!!

Just for that those T-shirts (& headphones) should be 95% off.
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #13 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow
Who you callin' Cheeseheads?

O geez! Major faux pas. But come on, it's hard to tell one kind of blond from another.

Talked to the folks at the shop today and got a lot of folks that were thinking it would be great to go. The only one cringing was Ivy; she had a hard time thinking that a week with Jamey, Joe, Andrew, and me was a very attractive idea. Don't blame her really. But it does look like we'll be bringing quite a crew. This is going to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back