Minnesota Meet 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #61 of 78
I'm hardly ever on this site anymore but started browsing again for the classifieds.

Just wanted to say I plan on attending once there is a new date. Can bring my newly purchased LDC-4z at least, if not the full rig (laptop, ADI-2 DAC).

I will keep an eye on the current events. I will let everyone know in this thread of another date when things have calmed down. Of course, if anyone else wants to be the host when the time comes, that is a-ok by me.

Jul 5, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #63 of 78
I'd be in once the Covid business calms down.
For sure, I was quite looking forward to attending my first meet, and to hear some nice gear and of course meet all of you =)

Aug 12, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #65 of 78
Any news on if this is going to be rescheduled anytime soon?

I think it may have to be next year although we will see as time goes on.

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #66 of 78
I get together with people outside A LOT: We bring foldup chairs to a park and space them the 6 feet. I'm love to be at a HeadFi party. Please: Early daytime, and Sunday seems wisest (but Sat. 2nd choice).
Question: Would I be welcome, though? I own SE846 and LOVE to listen to music, but I'm no expert in 'head gear' (and DEFINITELY do not go to any bars - alcohol only ruins lives, and on your deathbed you will NOT be saying 'oh why didn't i waste more of my life with booze/drugs..?).

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #67 of 78
All are welcome, however, I don't know a head-fi party can really happen outdoors. Even if you had the electrical outlets, I worked a lot of overtime to get my GSX-mini, and I wouldn't want to risk it getting rain or bird crap, or whatever in it.

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #68 of 78
I’m definitely down for a meet provided I can make the time and all this COVID biz has calmed down. I’d consider hauling my PL Evo 100 if we find a safe and easily accessible place (sucker is heavy).

Oct 8, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #69 of 78
Outdoors could work. There's parks (like Bunker Hills) that have huge pavilions that can be rented out. Roof over top so rain / whatever wouldn't be an issue. Just need a few extension cords and power strips.

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #70 of 78
My main concern would be when we would audition each other's gear the risk for transmission of COVID-19 is a thing.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #71 of 78
I won't be booking a meet for this year due to COVID, and I'm not sure if rental areas are even available at this time. It may be a while before things get rolling again.

Oct 10, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #72 of 78
I won't be booking a meet for this year due to COVID, and I'm not sure if rental areas are even available at this time. It may be a while before things get rolling again.
I think that is the right call. And call me paranoid if you will, but I won't do an outdoor meet with my gear.

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #74 of 78
I'm a new member on this forum and I was happy to stumble upon others in MN looking to get together... I can't wait for things to be back to normal so we can do meets again!
With a little luck, we might be able to safely do something next fall. It is a ways off, I know, but it gives us something for which to look forward (I know better than to end MY sentences with a preposition)!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 78
With a little luck, we might be able to safely do something next fall. It is a ways off, I know, but it gives us something for which to look forward (I know better than to end MY sentences with a preposition)!

Just getting back into the hobby and will keep monitoring this thread for next announcement after the plague passes..... sigh.
I can only echo the sentiment about good seeing others active in my area!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back