Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #481 of 697
Nice, I would definitely be interested in your thoughts on those and getting together for some comparisons if possible. What DAC/amp will you be driving them with? I have read that they are not all that fussy but that they also do seem to respond really well to a few amps in particular. I have bought into the final Cavalli Liquid Carbon run and hope mine is ready in August but you never know I guess. I also have an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 that I might bring this Saturday but hadn't mentioned it because the USB input does not work (I am going to send it in for repairs in a couple of weeks) but then I realized I can use the Meridian Explorer toslink output to get a signal to it for anyone that is curious about that unit as a DAC or as a DAC/amp.

FiiO X3 LO to a Chinese hybrid amp. Gonna get an AGD NFB-11 most likely in the next year, though.

May 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #483 of 697
Did we ever confirm there was Wifi? I use Tidal/Spotify but I've also got some Flac

May 19, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #484 of 697
May 19, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #486 of 697
  I just called them, they do have Wifi.

Did they mention how guest access works? Do we need @adamaley to ensure the appropriate password is provided for our event participants?

Also, should we plan on having someone set up by the door to greet folks and perhaps display or handout some guidelines for our event? I am happy to print something up and make copies and also volunteer my wife or son for some time at the door. Do we think there will be anyone attending that is not setting up a table or part of the crew that is posting back and forth in this thread? I just want to make sure we are not caught off guard if we get a few guests or stragglers that may not be up to speed on what the meet up is about and the general headphone etiquette.

May 19, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #487 of 697

Did they mention how guest access works? Do we need @adamaley to ensure the appropriate password is provided for our event participants?

Also, should we plan on having someone set up by the door to greet folks and perhaps display or handout some guidelines for our event? I am happy to print something up and make copies and also volunteer my wife or son for some time at the door. Do we think there will be anyone attending that is not setting up a table or part of the crew that is posting back and forth in this thread? I just want to make sure we are not caught off guard if we get a few guests or stragglers that may not be up to speed on what the meet up is about and the general headphone etiquette.

I did not ask them how it worked, only that they have it.

May 19, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #488 of 697
They have an open Wifi connection, so I guess it will be as strong as the number of people connected to it affect it.

May 19, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #489 of 697
@adamaley - thanks for getting this going, unfortunately I am unable to make it.  

We'll have to chat tomorrow at  work since we discovered today that we work together!  lol

May 19, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #490 of 697
  @adamaley - thanks for getting this going, unfortunately I am unable to make it.  

We'll have to chat tomorrow at  work since we discovered today that we work together!  lol

Just what I need. Another mad nutter audiophile at work to get me to spend more money, lol. Quit trying to get me to put together a mobile rig 
angry_face.gif
 Sucks that you can't make it though.

May 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #491 of 697
Well I may not get you to part ways with your money on a portable rig, but I will turn you into a bughead...

May 19, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #492 of 697
  Well I may not get you to part ways with your money on a portable rig, but I will turn you into a bughead...

Oh yeah. Let me get a link to the trial download.

May 20, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #493 of 697
Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to go - thought I posted that a few days ago, but apparently not. For sure next time, though. Really bummed I can't head to the meet.

We should try to setup another meet sometime in the future, should have a bit more gear and nothing preventing me from going by then.

May 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #494 of 697
Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to go - thought I posted that a few days ago, but apparently not. For sure next time, though. Really bummed I can't head to the meet.

We should try to setup another meet sometime in the future, should have a bit more gear and nothing preventing me from going by then.

Thats's a bummer. Hopefully you can make it to the next one.

May 20, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #495 of 697

Already have another in the planning process with another Head-Fi'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back