Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #451 of 697
This Saturday May 21, 2-7pm

3700 Monterey Drive
Saint Louis Park, MN 55416

@comzee , I would be very interested in hearing the Dragonfly Red as I will have my Dragonfly 1.2 and Meridian Explorer at my table and would be interested to see if I hear an appreciable difference between either of those and the Red. I don't know if I will ever get into the stax stuff but I would really love to hear it and it is super cool you are bringing that along.

@adamaley , Yes, I am also really looking forward to the Stratus and the HE1000 as they are both probably out of my range for a while but would love to know what that kind of TOTL gear sounds like as I have read so much about it...

Of course, many other things I am looking forward to hearing and just hanging out with some fellow head-fi'ers...

May 15, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #452 of 697
  Total cost for the room came up to $225, and any arbitrary contribution towards that would be appreciated. 
bigsmile_face.gif

-Alright, thanks. I want to have my 560's out for people to listen to but is it possible to try it out with other amps like the H10 and compare to other gear?

-Also what kind of songs do the people going want to listen to (You can be specific) ?  Do you prefer listening to music out of Foobar or Tidal (assuming wifi is available). 

May 15, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #453 of 697

Quote:
  -Alright, thanks. I want to have my 560's out for people to listen to but is it possible to try it out with other amps like the H10 and compare to other gear?

-Also what kind of songs do the people going want to listen to (You can be specific) ?  Do you prefer listening to music out of Foobar or Tidal (assuming wifi is available). 

3700 Monterey Drive

That should work out fine, you are certainly welcome to plug anything you like into the H10 I will have there... I had the 560 on tour and thought it sounded awesome with the H10, and I have not even done the burson opamp upgrades.

I am also very happy to let anyone use their own laptop or DAP to hook up as source to any of my stuff. Music was a challenge at our last meet, I tend to have very little on disk and wouldn't count on wifi so I will try to beef up my offline music collection. 

May 15, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #455 of 697
Do they have a concession stands or restaurants in there by chance?

3700 Monterey Drive

I don't think they do, but I have never been there... Just checked out Google maps on the address and it doesn't look like anything is in easy walking distance, but there are a bunch of restaurants all within a 2-3 car ride. I am hoping to drag my wife and 17 year old son along, and if they do come along I am sure we can sweet talk them into a snack run at any point as needed.

May 15, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #459 of 697

3700 Monterey Drive

I don't think they do, but I have never been there... Just checked out Google maps on the address and it doesn't look like anything is in easy walking distance, but there are a bunch of restaurants all within a 2-3 car ride. I am hoping to drag my wife and 17 year old son along, and if they do come along I am sure we can sweet talk them into a snack run at any point as needed.

My Wife said she actually wants to attend this one, if this is true Ill probably make the kids come as well, they can just roam around as they would be bored at the meet.

May 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #462 of 697
If requested by someone, I can also bring:

Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 (portable dac/amp)
Audioquest Dragonfly Red (brad new one) (portable dac/amp)
Audio-GD Master 7 (dac)
Lehmann Black Cube Linear (amp)
Stax SRS-002 (electrostatic IEM + portable amp)

If someone really really wants to hear them:

Magnepan Maggies .7 (magnetic planer speakers)

I wanna hear that AGD Master 7, and the Maggies, as I've been looking to grab a pair. The .7's are the small desktop ones, right?

Also, I could bring my Infinity RS1000's if anyone wants to hear them. One woofer has a rattle, but I'm working on getting it replaced. Still sounds good.

May 16, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #463 of 697
I wanna hear that AGD Master 7, and the Maggies, as I've been looking to grab a pair. The .7's are the small desktop ones, right?

Also, I could bring my Infinity RS1000's if anyone wants to hear them. One woofer has a rattle, but I'm working on getting it replaced. Still sounds good.

The .7 is 50 something inches tall, you are probably thinking of the mini maggie system. (edit) Just wanted to ad that IMHO the Maggie .7 along with some DIY dipole subs is right up there as one of the most intelligent and practical bang for the buck world class home audio setups one could build a system around. 

By the way, looking forward to hearing your r70x as that is on my list of possible purchases... I like to have one nicely balanced mostly neutral headphone to use as a baseline and to recharge my ear/brain once in a while and since I have comfort issues with the HD600 and losing my K7XX to my son, the r70x has emerged as a contender based on the reading I have done thus far.

May 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #464 of 697

3700 Monterey Drive

My Wife said she actually wants to attend this one, if this is true Ill probably make the kids come as well, they can just roam around as they would be bored at the meet.

There is a playground/basketball court connected to the Rec Center where the kids could stay entertained. If they love the outdoors, there is an artificial lake, and a real lake (Wolfe Lake) right next to the Rec Center as well. The adjoining street, Excelsior, has a ton of restaurants and great places to eat (The Honey and Rye Bakehouse is a fave of mine, right on the corner of Monterey and Excelsior). Otherwise, heading East towards Lake Calhoun opens up endless food options and fun.

May 16, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #465 of 697
Do they have a concession stands or restaurants in there by chance?

Sorry, no concessions stands or restaurants within the Rec Center itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back