Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #196 of 697
One more question the Hotel had was how many would be staying at the hotel.  I told them most of us would be local and not staying.  I am the only one I know of that will be.
I will be there Friday and Saturday night.  If anyone was going to stay a night at the hotel let me know.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #197 of 697
  One more question the Hotel had was how many would be staying at the hotel.  I told them most of us would be local and not staying.  I am the only one I know of that will be.
I will be there Friday and Saturday night.  If anyone was going to stay a night at the hotel let me know.

Is the 20th firm now?  I will need to talk to my Aunt and Uncle in Hudson to see if I can stay with them, otherwise I'll be looking for a hotel.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #198 of 697
Yes, the 20th is definitely firm.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #200 of 697
The reservation for the room has been submitted at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Golden Valley. I named the event "Head-fi.org Regional Meet" with me as the contact point.
It will take them 24 hours to get me a confirmation number.

In the mean time here is the summary:
We have an ~840 sq ft room that will be set-up with enough tables for 20 people, extension cords and power strips, and other misc. stuff.

We are allowed to bring food and beverages in (due to it being Saturday).

We have three king rooms blocked out for us in case anyone wants to make it a stay-cation or needs a room due to their long drive. Reservations need to be made before Aug 29th and they are to be paid for by whoever makes the reservation. First come first served for these rooms but I am sure they will have more if needed. I only knew of maybe two people that might need a room. Cost of the rooms is $112 per night. Also, please wait till I get the confirmation number to make any reservations.

Hotel Info:
Holiday Inn Express-Golden Valley
6051 Golden Hills Drive
Golden Valley, MN 55416
Phone: 763-545-8300

The meeting room is reserved for September 20th from 10am to 5pm.
Cost of the room is $200 +fees (19% set-up) and tax for a total of $240.76 (we got a discount due to me reserving a suite for my stay and the possibility of more people staying.)

I will be coming in Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday (so will be at the Hotel Friday night and Saturday night for mini pre-post-meet potentially).

Let me know if there are questions.

Is it September yet?
blink.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #201 of 697
  So reservation for the room has been submitted at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Golden Valley. I named the event "Head-fi.org Regional Meet" with me as the contact point.
It will take them 24 hours to get me a confirmation number.

In the mean time here is the summary:
We have an ~840 sq ft room that will be set-up with enough tables for 20 people, extension cords and power strips, and other misc. stuff.

We are allowed to bring food and beverages in (due to it being Saturday).

We have three king rooms blocked out for us in case anyone wants to make it a stay-cation or needs a room due to their long drive. Reservations need to be made before Aug 29th and they are to be paid for by whoever makes the reservation. First come first served for these rooms but I am sure they will have more if needed. I only knew of maybe two people that might need a room. Cost of the rooms is $112 per night. Also, please wait till I get the confirmation number to make any reservations.

Hotel Info:
Holiday Inn Express-Golden Valley
6051 Golden Hills Drive
Golden Valley, MN 55416
Phone: 763-545-8300

The meeting room is reserved for September 20th from 10am to 5pm.
Cost of the room is $200 +fees (19% set-up) and tax for a total of $240.76 (we got a discount due to me reserving a suite for my stay and the possibility of more people staying.)

I will be coming in Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday (so will be at the Hotel Friday night and Saturday night for mini pre-post-meet potentially).

Let me know if there are questions.

Is it September yet?
blink.gif

Awesome, thank you for taking initiative and helping out! I should be in Minneapolis that weekend (I have it requested off) so if you wanna grab a few beers or hang out let me know.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #203 of 697
So what time does the party start?

Oops I see it is 10-5. Is anyone planning on being there at 10a.m.

I might... it depends on my condition that morning lol

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #204 of 697

Awesome, thank you for taking initiative and helping out! I should be in Minneapolis that weekend (I have it requested off) so if you wanna grab a few beers or hang out let me know.

Sounds like a plan, we can set it up when we get closer tot he meet.

heh, I will be there...
biggrin.gif
 all weekend hangin' out.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #205 of 697
Use "HFO" as the group code if you are going to make a reservation. Phone number is 763-545-8300 for hotel reservations.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #206 of 697
Use "HFO" as the group code if you are going to make a reservation. Phone number is 763-545-8300 for hotel reservations.

Thanks a lot for taking care of this. It should be a great event. Keep us updated on The Needle Doctor and if other vendors want to participate.

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #207 of 697

I plan on being there as early as the night before permits.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #210 of 697
The more the merrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back