Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #363 of 697
  I like you and a couple others are definitely open to going to a meet. We just need to get a list of dates and have a vote on which date works for the majority of people (hopefully everyone).

I'm not sure when most people usually meet...but weeknights or some weekend nights work best for me as a have kids to spend time with during weekend days.

The potential host should start a start a doodle poll.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #364 of 697
This is just an example, but there are community centers everywhere, this one for example: http://www.crystalmn.gov/community_center/activity_room.php

4 hours on a weeknight, $100 total. Split that between the participants, not that much.

I'm not really inclined to do the leg work to get it going, but just an example of something that could be done. 

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #366 of 697
I am definitely interested in a meet. Unfortunately, I have a pretty busy year ahead so I won't be much help planning. If I can make it, I have no problem helping pay for venue. I wonder if StereoLand or Halsten Entertainment would be interested in hosting, and maybe even letting people demo the headphones they have. Just an idea.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #367 of 697
I'm not too sure a weeknight will be a good idea for most. Saturdays tend to be the usual meet days.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #368 of 697
Well my dad owns a business in Fridley that I worked at for a little bit. Pretty sure he still has some extra rooms but not sure there would be enough tables and furniture for everyone. I could inquire though if people could make that drive.
I think that might work. I could bring a folding table or two, and some chairs.

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #369 of 697
I am game for a meet up! We really need someone to take point on this and push for host/sponsor/participants if this is going to be worth going to. Many of us are quite busy and this is always a challenge I suppose. If no one steps up to organize I would be happy to but will give it another week or two. If someone wants to step up but would like some help with tracking/budgeting and writing email updates I would be happy to do that as well. I will offer up a $100 pledge right out of the gate to help with expenses.

We should definitely press all vendors/suppliers in the area to participate if possible. We should also ask folks to start posting what they can bring which seems to help spur interest in attending.

Anyone know if it is OK to promote in other sub forums here at Head-fi? I always forget to check this forum out and read about all the cool stuff that makes the big headlines on the home page from other cities far away : (

I am about to put a bunch of stuff up for sale, but could hold off until the meet and bring it all with me (and offer nice prices at the meet, is that allowed?).  Here is what I could bring:

AKG Massdrop K7XX, I am keeping this headphone for my son, but intend to sell everything else that follows at some point soon this summer...

Audeze EL-8 Open
Audioquest Dragonfly 1.0 USB dac/amp
Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 USB dac/amp
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9
B&O BeoPlay H6
Focal Spirit Pro
Grado SR225e
Gustard X12 DAC
Gustard H10 Headphone Amp
KEF M500
Meridian Explorer USB dac/amp
NAD D1050 DAC/Amp
Sennheiser HD-600
Sennheiser HD-700
Sony MDR-7506
Sony MDR-1a
Ultrasone PERF880

I would prefer a Saturday evening time, something like 6-8pm, but I am open to anything outside of usual business hours M-F though I have a part time teaching job 10am - 12:30pm every other Saturday so I have two sessions left, 4/23 and 5/7.

Regards,

Greg

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #370 of 697
I have been working to secure a location for the last week.
I thought I would be able to announce something here on Monday, but am having to wait on schedules outside of my control.

What I hope is that by  next wed 4/20 I will have the scheduling figured out and we would have a solid location and I am also trying to get some other vendor goodies to demo.

So what I do know is that is will *most* likely be on a Saturday afternoon 12-5.  It will not be in April, but hopefully soon after.

That is really all I have for now, if someone else comes up with something in the meantime, by all means post here and we could coordinate our efforts.  

I too have some things that I will bring to the meet that I would like to sell - I think that is fine - I think everyone enjoys try before you buy.

regards,
Eric

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #371 of 697
Eric,

That sounds awesome. I like the Saturday afternoon timing and even if it ended up on a day I had class I could be there NLT 1pm. I was at a Minneapolis meet up a few years ago and I think most folks were done checking out whatever they were interested in before 2 hours had passed and then some of us just hung around to chat it up a bit. I will keep checking this forum now that I know something is in motion and if there is anything I can do to help then please let me know.

Regards,

Greg

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #372 of 697
I'm not sure when most people usually meet...but weeknights or some weekend nights work best for me as a have kids to spend time with during weekend days.

The potential host should start a start a doodle poll.
I have high school. :)

EDUT: Also, all of my cans are with a good friend of mine who is reviewing them. I will bring the R70X my other friend is loaning me while all my cans are away, though.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #373 of 697
  Eric,

That sounds awesome. I like the Saturday afternoon timing and even if it ended up on a day I had class I could be there NLT 1pm. I was at a Minneapolis meet up a few years ago and I think most folks were done checking out whatever they were interested in before 2 hours had passed and then some of us just hung around to chat it up a bit. I will keep checking this forum now that I know something is in motion and if there is anything I can do to help then please let me know.

Regards,

Greg

Greg,
Sounds good - thanks.
Planning these things are always difficult and my hat is off to those who have successfully done this in the past!

Eric

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #374 of 697
Depending on when this meet is I might be able to go.

Can bring my HD 800 S | Birfrost Multibit | Valhalla 2 & Sennheiser Momentum Wireless & Sennheiser IE 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back