Minneapolis Meet July 20th 12PM-5PM @ The Needle Doctor
Jun 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 93
I email Ken today and asked about him providing some tables for a few of us, I'll let you guys know when he replies.

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #17 of 93
I will try to get there, too.  Do we know how long we plan to meet?  What time we should get there?  I will have a 6+ hour drive to get there and need to plan accordingly.  The table question would be good to know, also.

As I said in the other thread, I will bring some of the stuff from my profile.  If any one has a particular item they would like to listen to let me know and I will make every effort to bring it.

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 93
Quote:
I'd really like to compare these to the AD900x that I currently love to death! (my PS500 is the only can I own that I like better)

Probably won't compare, but I think I have an AD500x somewhere around here that I can bring.  

Could probably bring a W-1000 as well if anyone is interest in trying them out.  

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 93
I am working out the time with Ken. Noon seems to be the tentative start time.  I'd like to hang out till 4 at least. (good amount of time to socialize and demo gear. I'll keep you posted.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #20 of 93
I would be interested in this meet, but not sure if date will work quite yet. I don't have much for equipment, but I think there would interest. I'd really like to hear the sound signatures of the Grado and Senn headphones. I'm also interested in hearing the Klipsch X10. I've been interested in those, and now the HiFiMan RE-600s. Who knows, I may even have a pair of RE-600s by the 20th.  Here's what I currently have:

Bose QC-15 ANC
HiFiMan HE-500
Audez'e LCD-3

RSA SR-71B Balanced Amp
O2 Amp

Cowon Z2 Player

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 93
You'll be glad if you can make it, most of the grado line will be on hand to see. (between my collection and the store)

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #22 of 93
And I am also building a custom odac to show off, I should have the rest of the parts by the end of next week so it will be at the show! Sorry I for one am excited!

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #23 of 93
Quote:
I would be interested in this meet, but not sure if date will work quite yet. I don't have much for equipment, but I think there would interest. I'd really like to hear the sound signatures of the Grado and Senn headphones. I'm also interested in hearing the Klipsch X10. I've been interested in those, and now the HiFiMan RE-600s. Who knows, I may even have a pair of RE-600s by the 20th.  Here's what I currently have:

Bose QC-15 ANC
HiFiMan HE-500
Audez'e LCD-3

RSA SR-71B Balanced Amp
O2 Amp

Cowon Z2 Player

Which Sennheiser's would you be interested in listening to?

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #24 of 93
Quote:
Which Sennheiser's would you be interested in listening to?

I'm interested in comparing the sound stage difference between the LCD-3 and HD800, as well as general SQ. I'd also like to hear the difference between the HD800 and the HD650. Other than the electrostats, Audez'e, HiFiMan, and Senn seem to be the top players. I'm familiar with HiFiMan and Audez'e, but not higher end Senns.

My interest in the HD800 would be for classical music. I've always loved the sound of a live orchestra from the singing strings to the earthly bass. I like my HE-500 for this kind of listening, but wondering if there is something that pulls me in even more.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #25 of 93
Quote:
I'm interested in comparing the sound stage difference between the LCD-3 and HD800, as well as general SQ. I'd also like to hear the difference between the HD800 and the HD650. Other than the electrostats, Audez'e, HiFiMan, and Senn seem to be the top players. I'm familiar with HiFiMan and Audez'e, but not higher end Senns.

My interest in the HD800 would be for classical music. I've always loved the sound of a live orchestra from the singing strings to the earthly bass. I like my HE-500 for this kind of listening, but wondering if there is something that pulls me in even more.

Can we confirm Ken will have these available to listen to?  Otherwise I can try to secure them.  

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #26 of 93
I will ask about the senns, I know he doesn't keep them on hand though...

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #29 of 93
We're gettin tables!

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #30 of 93
so the 20th is set in stone?

looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back