Minneapolis meet Jan 26, 2014
Jan 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #48 of 80
Nada

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #50 of 80
I'll be there after some encouragement from @howdy

I'll bring my DX50, a C&C BH2, and my Phillips Stretch headphones.

This is my first meet. Sounds like a good time

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #51 of 80
If anyone is interested in a pair of Brainwavz R3's, you can buy them in person from me at the meet. Asking $50. NIB.

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #52 of 80
Okay, I'm somewhat new to this and considering coming to this meet-up - but I'm still not sure.  What exactly is it?

I've been listening to some ATH-M50's with a Sony NW-ZX1 and PHA 2.  Sounded really good until I picked up my pair of Alclair 5 custom IEMs today (which I found out are not even advertised on their web site yet).    When I picked them up today, Mark mentioned this meet-up so I thought I'd check it out.  I feel like I'd be in over my head since I don't recognize many of the model numbers mentioned in this thread.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #53 of 80
  Okay, I'm somewhat new to this and considering coming to this meet-up - but I'm still not sure.  What exactly is it?

I've been listening to some ATH-M50's with a Sony NW-ZX1 and PHA 2.  Sounded really good until I picked up my pair of Alclair 5 custom IEMs today (which I found out are not even advertised on their web site yet).    When I picked them up today, Mark mentioned this meet-up so I thought I'd check it out.  I feel like I'd be in over my head since I don't recognize many of the model numbers mentioned in this thread.

Just a bunch of headphone nerds in a room with tables full of gear!
basshead.gif
  Seriously though, the last one was pretty low key, so don't feel intimidated.  You gotta start somewhere!

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #54 of 80

Please come. Then I won't be the only first-timer there :xf_eek:

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #55 of 80
Yes come! Maybe I'll bring out my maxed out Little Dot... it does require AC 2 outlets lol It'll be fun to try out a bunch of gear AND socialize!

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #56 of 80
OK, looks like I will be able to attend.  Very excited to bring what little stuff I have and share...   This will be my first meet.  Any pointers for us newbies on what to expect?  From what little I have read around here thus far, here are my assumptions:

1) If you are willing to let others demo your stuff, you find some table space and set up shop.  Maybe a few signs/labels if you are so inclined to class things up a bit.

2) If others are in line waiting to hear something, you shouldn't really spend more than 4 or 5 minutes before yielding to the next person in line

3)  Don't expect a quite environment for critical listening as most of the time folks are chatting and socializing as much if not more so than listening.

Is the above stuff about right?

What else should I know?  I assume it is common courtesy to keep everything on the table and not walk around or combine gear between different owners without their express permission?  Also, any problems with gear "walking off" during any of these things?  Is it difficult to bring stuff and then play host while still trying to find time to walk around and check out what others have brought?

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #57 of 80
^^^That about sums it up.  Definitely get permission before handling others gear.  With the small number of people it should not be too loud.  There are usually lulls in the listening where the talking starts.  Wouldn't hurt to label your stuff...not sure how many doubles of things there will be.

The ones I have been to we usually introduce ourselves so we all know who is there and then watch out for each other.  Anyone new coming in after we do needs to be informed of the rules.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #58 of 80
So it looks like no K812,  
frown.gif

The below is a list of potentials.  Please let me know what you might want to hear.  

Audio-Technica
    ATH-IM01
    ATH-IM02
    ATH-IM03
    ATH-IM04

Denon
    AH-D600

AKG
    K545
    K551
    K619
    K845

Sennheiser
    Momentum
    Momentum-On
    HD25 Aluminum

V-MODA
    VAMP
    VAMP VERZA
    M-100
    M-80

Audioquest
    DragonFly 1.0 & 1.2

PSB
    M4U2

NAD
    HP-20
    HP-50

ThinkSound
    MS01

B&W
    P3
    P5
    P7

Sony
    MDR-10R
    MDR-1R
    MDR-1RBT
    MDR-1RNC
    XBA-H1
    XBA-1
    XBA-2
    XBA-3
    XBA-4
    PHA-1

NuForce
    HAP-100
    HDP
    HP-800
    uDAC-2

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #59 of 80
I will bring my audioengine d1 if anyone is interested. Was not planning to bring my Sennheiser HD 650 as I think we will have a few. Look forward to meeting the Minnesota head-fiers as I have mostly been in the North East and Texas. See you next week!

P.S. If people are interested I can bring my Rockit Sounds R50 it is a very neutral dual armature IEM

...edit: Speakerphile I would be interested in hearing you HP-50 and M4U2- been looking for a travel (transportable) headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back