Minibox E+ vs ibasso D10
Apr 22, 2009 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KONAKONA

Banned
Well since my thread has all but died, I decided to make a new one. The situation has changed a bit anyway.

The amp will be used most all the time, into some yuin G1As and a set of possibly amp dependent large cans, not sure what yet (Denon D2k, pro 550, something like that). It will probably be used for my Q40s a bit as well. It will be run either from my DAP (Cowon U5 at the moment) or from my computer. 99% of what I listen to is in digital format of varied quality from FLAC to some double digit .mp3s. At this point the difference seems to be that the E+ has more power and can use more opamps, while the D10 can double as a DAC. I could go into the trade-off there but it seems to be pretty well stated by the rest of the post.

Helps please?

EDIT: Looks at this point that those big cans might be a pair of KH-K1000s.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 5
well neither of the full size headphones you mention need a lot of power and will easily be powered by the D10. VERY happy D10 and modded D2000 owner here

and its pretty simple apart from that too, if you plan to use the thing with your PC at all. the D10 is the only choice IMO. the MB E+ will sound like poo out of your PC jack; albeit amplified poo. uhnless yo have an external dac you dont list or a very nice soundcard, your PC will be noisy as hell as most are.

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 5
missed your edit; neither of the amps you mention will go anywhere near powering K1000, you need a speaker amp to power them pretty much
eek.gif
good luck; not even most fullsize headphone amps will power them properly; are you sure you've thought this through?? I think you are better off posting in the other forum (fullsize) now

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 5
It's not AKG K1000 he is getting but Kenwood KH-K1000

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 5
aha; I for some reason thought that was the full prefix. OK, well in that case I have no idea as I have a sum total of zip experience with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back