Mini3 - What gain is this?
Jul 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Spunky424

New Head-Fier
Wondering if you guys can tell me what gain this mini3 is? i'm pretty new to the audio thing so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

If you need anymore pictures/information to help me find out what it is please let me know! thanks

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 8
I can't really tell, but normally they are built with a gain of 5. The easiest way to tell is by testing it with a headphone. Maybe other experts will be able to tell by the resisters.

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
I can't really tell, but normally they are built with a gain of 5. The easiest way to tell is by testing it with a headphone. Maybe other experts will be able to tell by the resisters.

Not the resistors, the opamps. What opamps are it? I can't read it. Can you show a better picture? If you don't know what those are, they're the black rectangles that look like spiders.

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Not the resistors, the opamps. What opamps are it? I can't read it. Can you show a better picture? If you don't know what those are, they're the black rectangles that look like spiders.

"The R4L/R4R and R3L/R3R resistors set the voltage gain"

The opamps determines whether it is "High Performance" or "Extended Runtime"

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:

"The R4L/R4R and R3L/R3R resistors set the voltage gain"

The opamps determines whether it is "High Performance" or "Extended Runtime"

Oh...comprehension skills are lacking in me. Wait, the HP version has a gain of 5 and the ER version has a gain of 3.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:

Oh...comprehension skills are lacking in me. Wait, the HP version has a gain of 5 and the ER version has a gain of 3.

Actually, you can adjust the gain with either model by changing the resisters. My HP version has a gain of 3 to accommodate my iem. If MisterX says this one is 5, then it probably is, since it looks like a MisterX made Mini3.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Actually, you can adjust the gain with either model by changing the resisters. My HP version has a gain of 3 to accommodate my iem. If MisterX says this one is 5, then it probably is, since it looks like a MisterX made Mini3.

Ah, I did not know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back