Mini XLR for fitting larger cables?
Dec 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #16 of 18

What type of grommets did you use to hold the speaker wires to the cans?
Quote:
No, I haven't got the REAN yet. Sorry - should have been more clear about that. Anything around that's even more wide than the Switchcraft? It sort of looks like I would be able to cut away some of the black shell on that one. I thought I might be able to do that on the REAN also, but I've never held one in my hand.

Edit: I've included two pictures for what is inspiring me. Of course, mine will be different due to my single ended connection in the headphones, but they have successfully done this (with another cable) in the 6.3 mm end, so it should be possible :)

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
No, I haven't got the REAN yet. Sorry - should have been more clear about that. Anything around that's even more wide than the Switchcraft? It sort of looks like I would be able to cut away some of the black shell on that one. I thought I might be able to do that on the REAN also, but I've never held one in my hand.

Edit: I've included two pictures for what is inspiring me. Of course, mine will be different due to my single ended connection in the headphones, but they have successfully done this (with another cable) in the 6.3 mm end, so it should be possible :)

On the second image, is that some kind of special heatshrink on the jacks and in the middle or are they just rubber boots of some kind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back